Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Cloud constantly asking me to activate?

May 15, 2012 5:28 PM

CC constantly asks me to activate subscription though I did it the day I install the apps. What's up with that?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 5:57 PM   in reply to Mr. Met

Hi Mr. Met,

I haven't heard of this, can you post a screen shot of what it looks like when it asks?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 8:34 PM   in reply to David__B

@David_B,

I'm not sure if my issue is the same as the OP's but the attached screenshots are what I am receiving when I try to launch Photoshop CS6. If I click "Try Again" I get the 2nd screen which makes it seem like its working fine. But then Photoshop still won't open and it gives me the first popup screen again.

My account IS active and in good standing. In fact, Adobe has already charged me for my first month despite telling me on the phone that I wouldn't be charged until after 30 days.

Please advise if you have any suggestions. Would really like to get this issue licked ASAP.

errormessage.jpg

2ndscreen.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to Mr. Met

Based on the screen shots it looks like you are working on a Mac. I'm wondering if the issue is related to permissions and your user account. I was wondering if you could temporarily enable the root user on the system and complete the activation with those rights and see that resolves the issue. You wouldn't want to leave root enabled long term, just when completing the activation process and for testing.

This document describes the process for enabling root
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528

Go ahead and try this when you get the chance, let me know if you have any related questions

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 11:25 AM   in reply to David__B

It works on my mac air, which has been updated to the las OS X release. On my main which hasn't I have the same symptoms as Mr. Met. I will update OS X there to and get to you if it resolved the question.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:01 PM   in reply to Mr. Met

There still the same problem for me too, but with indesign

Do you have an old version of AI installed?

I have...

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 6:24 AM   in reply to Mr. Met

Have you tried the steps suggested by the David ?

Enable root user account and then check , it seems permission issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to Mr. Met

Since I sort of piggy-backed the OP's message, and have received a couple of replies with suggestions, I should mention that my issue is now resolved. The problem seems to have its roots in how the Adobe customer service rep set up my account when I ordered Creative Cloud (adding a new subscription to my account vs. converting my CS5.5 account to CS6).

If anyone does have the same issue that I was experience (hopefully there are not many of you), you can try to remedy it by clicking the "License this Software" button on the screen I posted. Failing that, you'll need to call Adobe's Technical Support department. My call took just shy of two hours, but they were working through the issue in real-time. As it is now documented, I'd like to think that if anyone else calls, it will take less time.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to Mr. Met

Do you by any chance had CS5.5 subscription earlier with the same Adobe ID?

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 6:00 AM   in reply to David__B

I have the same problem with adobe cloud telling to activate the software everyday. I'm currently using Win7 PC, Premeire CS6

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to Mr. Met

What I believe is you are having the simialr issue as discussed here http://forums.adobe.com/message/4412654 , which has been resolved .

I have seen couple of other post regarding the same and they have been solved by the same method.

It is basically the conversion of the CS5 or CS5.5 subscription to CS6 ceative cloud ,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points