• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Upgrade Instructions

Explorer ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody have any luck with the e-mail Adobe sent to get your free upgrade from 5.5 to 6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

jGM1966, here's what I've figured out from this freak'n painful experience, i dont know if it will help but I'm also hoping someone from Adobe reads these boards and can shake things up there.

the lame process is basically explained here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-policy-product-announcement1.html#

1) you need to create an an Adobe Login to the MY ADOBE section of their support Portal website.

2) Fill out a POST ANNOUNCE UPGRADE REQUEST and submit.

3) Adobe then takes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having all kinds of problems. It wants to charge me for the upgrade. Not sure what to do, and it is difficult to contact an agent. Any ideas, anyone? I am a novice at this - lots of experience using the software, but at work, so IT takes care of these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems strange that they didn't send a "Promotional Code" in the e-mail......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolution on my "upgrade". Received an email last week with the serial number and "instructions" on how/where to download CS6 but when navigating to "my orders" page - there is nothing there to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow--your e-mail had serial numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - not sure what good it can do without having the actual software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the trial software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just 5.5 that we bought during the magical free upgrade period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well maybe you can install the serial numbers on the trial version of cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, now there's a thought. Would be sweet if that works. Wonder why Adobe didn't suggest that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just wondering why you got serial numbers in your e-mail and I didn't....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no trouble, except that it didn't work in Safari on my Mac so had to use Firefox.  but you need to click on the link from the email and when you do that and follow the instructions, selecing the upgrade option for the product that matches what you got in 5.5, then when you add it to your cart it will give you the discount for the full amount.  You also have to select the download version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't need to enter a code, then? I wondered if that was the issue because I never received any code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not enter any code.  when you get to the page from the link in your email, you need to look for the product that matches what you are upgrading. IN my case I selected CS6 web & design premium (I had 5.5 design premium) - when I added the "upgrade" version to my cart, I got the discount - it was $375 for the upgrade and the discount was then $375 making it a total pice of zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow the directions in my email and clicked on the link to the orders page where there was nothing to select. That is the issue.

UPDATE:

After much searching all over the Adobe website for about two hours - I finally did a product search to track my order - thankfully I had an order number. This search unveiled a "my downloads" page I had never seen as an dropdown option ANYWHERE. There - behold - was my CS6 all ready for me. It's probably been there since last week.

Message was edited by: GCGMedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GCGMedia, Can you explain in detail what you did to successfully install the free upgrade? I have messed with this for hours. It is crazy. I am a novice at this, because I only have used Adobe at work. Thanks for any help you can give!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jgm ~ like I mentioned earlier, somehow - I have no idea how I got there - but I found a place to enter a search for my Order Number. Now, Adobe had already emailed me my order number along with the serial numbers but their link to "my orders" page was completely blank. After locating my order - a "my downloads" page appeared out of nowhere and there it was. After successfully downloading the CS6 - it now appears on "my orders" page. Why? I haven't a clue. Now, to repeat or to even find a "my downloads" page by searching their site is next to impossible. I suggest you call or talk to a live chat person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jGM1966, here's what I've figured out from this freak'n painful experience, i dont know if it will help but I'm also hoping someone from Adobe reads these boards and can shake things up there.

the lame process is basically explained here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-policy-product-announcement1.html#

1) you need to create an an Adobe Login to the MY ADOBE section of their support Portal website.

2) Fill out a POST ANNOUNCE UPGRADE REQUEST and submit.

3) Adobe then takes their sweet time reviewing (2 weeks in my case), then mysteriously deletes this request and you will need to submit it again, then argue with some rude people in India.

4) Then once approved they will send you an email with a link to get your software.

Oh BTW, I still dont have my software so we'll wait and see if step 4 will actually happen, (2.5 weeks and counting) at this point Im almost giving up on the upgrade. The new features of the upgrade arent worth me dying a year early from the stress this experience has caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, your instructions for these upgrades SUCK!!! I had the same issues with my Lightroom upgrade, you've already got our money must you take our sanity too?

I received the "Free upgrade Creative Suite 6" email. What would normally be a very happy time of downloading free awesome software turns into 2 hours of my life being wasted trying to figure out what I need to do to get it. When I select the upgrade for my Photoshop CS5 product (first of all there is no "UPGRADE FROM" option) it wants to charge me for the upgrade and I dont have a promo code. Did anyone figure this out yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: hey everyone forget the email with the link to the free upgrade it doesnt work. Follow the instructions on this page and you will need to submit a POST ANNOUNCEMENT UPGRADE form. takes a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines