Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I change the size if a canvas in Collage?

May 15, 2012 10:44 PM

Tags: #adobe #ipad #collage #canvas_size

Hi, I'm using Collage for iOS and the projects seem to be limited to 1024x768.  Is it possible to resize an existing collage or change a preference setting so new collages are larger?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to Trilo Byte

Hi,

A new collage is always created at screen resolution which is 1024x768. To resize you can open a collage and go to canvas/hand mode (by tapping the crosshair/top icon in left toolbar), pinch/zoom out the canvas using two fingers and you will see drag handles at the corners of the canvas which you can drag to change size. This works for all collages, new or existing. Currently there is no preference setting for widthxheight to start with and all collages are created with screen resolution.

Hope it helps

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to Trilo Byte

Trilo,

You can change the size of the canvas anytime by getting into the Canvas resize mode. Just tap on the topmost button on the left tool bar and 'pinch zoom out' on the canvas to find the 'Canvas grow/shrink handles'.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 11:16 PM   in reply to Trilo Byte

Great. Let us know your feedback on the app in general too.

Thanks

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

The canvas can be changed. Thats true, however, it is limited. Is there anyway to extend it ?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 7:18 AM   in reply to joanSik

Hi,

As mentioned above, you can change the size of the canvas anytime by getting into the Canvas resize mode. Just tap on the topmost button on the left tool bar and 'pinch zoom out' on the canvas to find the 'Canvas grow/shrink handles'.

The canvas can be extended to approximately 4k x 4k on android and 2k x 2k on iOS.

thanks

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

Sure, and thats its limitation.

when I purchased the app, thats what I was thinking I was buing: A wall where I could place any picture, note... A BIG collage.

(like this one http://flashforward.wikia.com/wiki/Mosaic_Investigation_wall )

But 2k x 2k megapixels, is quite a small wall.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to joanSik

Appreciate your time and efforts in posting feedback about the App. We see that there is a Feature Request added too for this.

The 'Mosaic investigation wall' looks really amazing and filled with lot of data spread over the wall, typically the way it works for Brain mapping projects and Storyboarding scenarios.

Yes, as you say, the Collage canvas size can feel restrictive in case if you are looking at things like Brain Mapping projects. But if you are looking for creating Conceptual Moodboards and other design projects related projects, Collage offers good set of tools and functionality. The Video import and playback adds an extra dimension to the ideation process.

It would be interesting to know about what would be the ideal size of the canvas that you expect when you are creating your Collage. And also, we would love to see some of your real life projects if you can share it here.

Again thanks for your feedback.

-Subbi

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to -Subbi

Exactly, collage really fits this purpose. Its only limitation is its scalability.

I'm a PhD student, and as everyother one, I strugle through the papers for doing a survey. I don't know the others but authors, names relations and so on dosen't ring the bell. However just show-me any of the images they have on their papers and 'BOOM' I remember the method, what they use wich other papers were similar. But I'm not able to index them by name either so it appears the question: 'Sure I remember, but were I've seen it ?'

It happens that some of us we don't work good on labels. I usually build draws full of postits and picture crops like the 'mosiac investigation wall'. And I bet that pictures like those in presentations (maybe in not a formal meetings) but it might be really helpful.

I'll try to use collage anyway making all my information bits as small as possible and reducing the quality of my images so I can reduce them even more. (I already purchase the application) But I'm trying to map between 100-120 methods.

Sik

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to joanSik

Cool. Its a very interesting usecase that you are talking about here. Yes, the ability of linking our thoughts to visuals/images have been the most common technique that most of us rely on.

Trying to map such 100-120 methods can become overwhemling for a single collage canvas for sure. You may want to try and split this into mutliple smaller projects. But yes, the flow from one to another would not be working for you.

Again thanks for sharing your idea here

-Subbi

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points