Skip navigation
gjkiii
Currently Being Moderated

Making a 5.1 blueray

May 15, 2012 7:08 PM

I am stuck so any help would be appreciated. What is the best way to do this. I have 6 audio tracks that make up the 5.1.  Do I make an ac3 file in compressor and drop that into 1 audio track in the timeline in encore. Or should i bring in all 6 tracks and put them into the timeline individually. Thank you for any advice.

George

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 8:51 PM   in reply to gjkiii

YOull have to mix it down to 1 5.1 track. In encore each audio track is a separate track played at a time. They don't combine.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 9:04 PM   in reply to gjkiii

depends on how you want to do it...

i cant remember how to do 5.1 surround pcm, or if that is even disc legal (which would be 'wav').... but you can use whichever app you feel best to get an ac3 file with all 5.1 channels. since i have a copy of vegas from a few versions back i just use that if i want to do DD 5.1 and export as an ac3 file. i usually do DTS though, and i use surcode DTS encoder for that (they have one for DD 5.1 as well, but never felt the need to get one since i used vegas to begin with years ago) if you have never done a 5.1 mix before though, there is alot to know. may want to start reading articles.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 9:19 PM   in reply to Keith_Clark

ps, never used compressor, so not sure if it outputs a 5.1 ac3 file, or just a stereo ac3 file (like premiere does without paying for the surcode plug-in) not knowing myself, i woudl just create a quick ac3 file with test tones, burn to disc just to see.

but yeah, it needs to be 5.1 ac3 file for dolby, or a 5.1 dts/cpt file for DTS

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:30 AM   in reply to gjkiii

Yes, you bring a Blu-ray legal ac3 file (5.1 audio) and put it in En timeline's audio track and burn to Blu-ray. En will pass that audio file through and will not try to encode it. But if the audio file is not legal, then En might just convert your 5.1 audio to a stereo sound. So do take care to bring a legal audio if you want En not to encode the file.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to gjkiii

Yeah you can do that. I usually put stereo in track 1, but with blu-ray it's not important.

Sent from iPhone 4s

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to gjkiii

Yeah, that's what I do. You don't have to, but it also helps to have menu links to the audio tracks for users if you use that option of stereo and 5.1

Sent from iPhone 4s

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to gjkiii

In PrPro, or the NLE of your choice, you can Export a 6-channel (5.1) DVD/BD-compliant AC3, for Import into Encore.

Note: with PrPro, one will need the Minnetonka Audio SurCode DD 5.1 SS Encoder plug-in (optional at ~ US$350), or similar. With other NLE's one will need a 5.1 SS Dolby Encoder, that may, or may not be included.

Minnetonka Audio (and other software companies) also has standalone DD 5.1 SS Encoders. Same for DTS, and other Audio formats.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points