Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
mdwalczak
Currently Being Moderated

Darkening Camera Raw Interface?

May 14, 2012 6:06 PM

Tags: #adobe_camera_raw

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to darken the interface of Adobe Camera Raw.  I'm really enjoying the new interface colors in Photoshop CS6 and was wondering if something similar was available in Camera Raw.

Thank you so much!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 6:30 PM   in reply to mdwalczak

Nope...while the main application can control the UI colors in CS6, not everything that is associated with CS6 can be made to match the UI. ACR, being a seperate plug-in can't take atvantage of the UI without some pretty substantial work. Not sure was time for that. Note, none of the other main plug-ins got the makeover either like Gausian Blur or USM. However, new stuff like the Blur Gallery did. So I suspect it's on the ACR engineers' to do list at some point.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 15, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

Jeff Schewe wrote:

ACR, being a seperate plug-in can't take atvantage of the UI without some pretty substantial work.

Adobe people:  Please add the ability for a plug-in to request information about Photoshop preferences.

Thanks.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:46 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Aint we supposed to use the Photoshop.com feedback thingamy for that now, Noel?

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 16, 2012 4:16 AM   in reply to Yammer

Gee, I suppose so, but I figured it couldn't hurt to request it here as well.  Someone who matters in the Adobe decision making process might see it here.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    May 16, 2012 4:20 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel, features request should be routed there, as Yammer suggested. Adobe officials cannot monitor every forum out there.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 16, 2012 4:26 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Yes, but there's method to my madness, guys. 

It was pointed out here that Camera Raw cannot see Photoshop preferences.  I do know that the Camera Raw developers read this forum, and I'd very much like them - should they request additional functionality from the main Photoshop development team because of this thread - to request it in a generalized way, so as to benefit all plug-in developers.

Thanks. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:54 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I like Noel's thinking. Many more people read this forum and others like it rather than the bug and feature request site. This is good advertising for features we ask for, maybe it will encourage others to go to the feature site and add their votes.  By the way, got an encouraging email from Nik who is looking into upadating their Selective Tool to match the new Photoshop GUI. They agree that it needs to be done

MK

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

But, as has already been said. The Adobe guys who read this forum are on holiday. So, are they going to find this thread upon their return? Maybe, maybe not.

Adobe itself set up the feedback website and removed the Feature Request thread for the very purpose of channeling feedback for all its products into a single resource, with a +1 and acceptance facility. I'm guessing they thought this was the way to go.

Of course, we know that Eric reads much of this stuff, but I doubt he reads all of it, especially if he's on holiday.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 16, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to Yammer

I'll take the odds on maybe. 

I think it's likely that the Camera Raw developers will ultimately see this.  Who knows, I might even bump it back to the top when they return.

Don't worry, be happy.    We have been through 11,000 posts saying "Camera Raw doesn't support my camera, what do I do"; perhaps I should be allowed to post what I want once in a while.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points