Skip navigation
jackson.chen1101
Currently Being Moderated

Automatically attach JPGs to image fields

May 10, 2012 2:34 AM

Dear All,

I create a form with multi text fields and multi image fields. Each text field contains the full path name of related image file. Is it possible to write a routine in form to automatically attach image files into respective image fields. This function should be automattically activated when opening PDF.

It will be appreciated if someone has similar codes can be shared.

Thanks

Jackson

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to jackson.chen1101

Please try. Hope this helps.

On the Accessibility tab type in the tooltip field the path of the image and you can use "Image1.assist.toolTip.value" to get the value.

- Also on form: ready of the image use "Image1.value.image.href = Image1.assist.toolTip.value;" where the tooltip is set to the path of the image.

Regards,

Deepak

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 7:22 PM   in reply to jackson.chen1101

Jackson,

I have created a sample form for you. Could you please check, and let me know is this what you are looking for ?

https://acrobat.com/#d=NRF3GhyC6KqBS6mDZhKOvQ

Regards,

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:18 AM   in reply to jackson.chen1101

Jackson,

I investigated more about this issue.Here's what I would like to say.

In the case of a dynamic document, all href's are removed and replaced with the actual base64 encoded data, embedded into the xdp.  This is done so that the image will be available at runtime Acrobat when regenerate the document.  If we left it as an href, one wouldn't be able to view the document online, and even if you were online, one could run into trust manager issues, by trying to fetch a link that was not trusted.  This is as designed.  If you open the document in designer, you will notice there is no longer an href, and if you view the source, you will see the embedded data in it's place.

Regards,

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:56 PM   in reply to jackson.chen1101

Jackson,

The only option, I can suggest is to use the URL on the option in the image field (Object Palette), and check the "Embed Image Data" checkbox to embed the image in form.

I am sure you are already were of this. Static form will not help.

Regards,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points