• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kindle Fire issues with Quick Settings

Explorer ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an air app that was just rejected by Amazon for Kindle Fire due to issues around the Quick Settings bar. Specifically it

"...closes, crashes, or loses user state when users access Kindle Fire's Quick Settings (e.g., adjust the volume). Please ensure that your app properly handles onPause and onResume activities."

The app handles deactivate and activate events and has no issues on othe rAndroid devices or with it's iOS version. Anyone else know anything about this? Are the onPause and onResume activities different than deactivate and activate?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem and response from Amazon: "GotIt was found to be incompatible because of issues with the app’s interaction with Kindle Fire's Settings bar. GotIt force closes, crashes, or loses user state when users access Kindle Fire's Quick Settings (e.g., adjust the volume). Please ensure that your app properly handles onPause and onResume activities. For more information, please see the related Developer Blog post, which discusses Kindle Fire's Quick Settings in more detail." I have scoured the Internet and the related Developer Blog post but cannot find a solution.  If you or someone does solve this we would appreciate the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do either of you have a Kindle to test with, and is this reproducible? I'd suggest filing a bug and let Adobe know if that's the case. I would think they'd want to know about it. http://bugbase.adobe.com

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Kindle Fire and cannot reproduce any of what they are saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, so you have a Kindle Fire and your app runs fine on it, yet Amazon found something they had issue with? That's worrisome. Activate and Deactivate events seem to be working just fine for me too, but I haven't submitted my app to Amazon yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep - bugs me too. I have two aps, both of which were released for Kindle Fire but now I am getting the report of a problem with one of them. I handle the events the same way on both. The one they report the problem with seems to work fine on my device. I haven't done rigorous testing, but plan to do so. All I can think of is that maybe there is some memory issue or something. You can't really get any more info out of Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines