Skip navigation
gfw1213
Currently Being Moderated

help w adobe reader

May 16, 2012 7:56 AM

i have downloaded the free adobe reader for my ipad but when i go to "open documents" it always redirects to open documents in GoDaddy and sends me to that website. can anyone help with this issue? according to directions i thought documents should open in adobe reader....thanks for any  help gfw1213

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to gfw1213

Can you please share where you are choosing "open documents"? Is this in Safari? If so, can you share a url? There isn't a direct way to open documents from Reader. It sounds like you may be trying to open documents from the browser or another app and something (perhaps a DNS provider or the website itself) is redirecting to godaddy before it gets to Reader. Typically, you can open documents using one of the methods described in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4405317#4405317

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to gfw1213

If you tap and hold the icon in your email, do you get an "open in" option? All of this is handled by the mail application you're using, so you haven't even arrived in Reader yet. If it doesn't work, I might try the Apple store. I'm happy to help though. If you'd like, you can forward the email to adobereader-ios@adobe.com with a reference to this thread.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to gfw1213

It sounds like you have a "GoDaddy" application installed that handles multiple file types (perhaps to upload to your hosting provider). Do you see another option besides "Open in Go Daddy"? When I tap and hold, I see "Quick Look", "Open in iBooks", and "Open In...". This last "Open in..." gives me the option to "Open in" Adobe Reader.

Also, please confirm that you are trying to open a PDF file. The Adobe Reader does not support opening other file types and won't be presented as an option for anything but PDF.

Thanks!

Pat

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points