Skip navigation
digitaldave2012
Currently Being Moderated

Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud

May 14, 2012 9:32 AM

I have an X10 Airpad 10.1 running Droid 2.3.4 Gingerbread.  It does not support the Google marketplace so I have to get my apps through the Amazon marketplace.  Also the Adobe system see my tablet as an Apple iPad which is incorrect. Is there a download portal to get the apps from?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to digitaldave2012

You need to get the Android apps from the Google Play Store. They are not available from the Amazon Appstore for Android.

What indication are you receiving that Adobe sees your tablet as an iPad?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 10:24 PM   in reply to digitaldave2012

If you buy the touch apps (they're $9.99 each) and sign into Creative Cloud from three of them, you get one month of Creative Cloud free.

So, for those of you not on EDU, those touch apps are indeed free, just after the "rebate" of skipping a month of CC fee.

5 touch apps at $9.99 each = $49.95

1 month of free Creative Cloud = $49.99

So, actually the touch apps cost you -$0.04 (that's negative 4 cents).

If you don't have the need for all five and just buy three (you still qualify for the free month) then they cost you negative $20.

They're probably doing it this way mostly because of Apple's App Store policies. Apple makes it VERY difficult to sell apps for their devices outside of their App Store.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to digitaldave2012

I fail to see how giving you the Touch apps free after rebate isn't including them with the subscription. In fact, it's BETTER than including them in the subscription because if you kill off your subscription after the year's up you get to keep the Touch apps.

It's kind of hard to grok why this is such a big issue. Buy apps for $30, skip the next $50 payment on the Creative Cloud. Seems like a good deal to me.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Android tablets, but it surprises me that there are Android tablets out there that can't get to Google's app store.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points