Skip navigation
lizre
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with fonts in Muse on a PC?

May 16, 2012 3:08 AM

I have created a site in Muse and everything is fine when the file is opened on my mac where it was created. My customer has brought a muse subscription as they wanted to maintain it in house, but they are on a PC. Muse was installed on the PC fine.

I have now given them the Muse file and it opens up ok in the PC Muse version apart from copy in Myriad Pro Bold (I assume as it's not a standard system font, it uses a substitute). The body copy displays ok as it's just Myriad Pro and that seems to be a system font.

So, they have purchased Myriad Pro Bold font and installed the font to their fonts library on the PC (WINDOWS 7), but Muse will still not recognise it when the Muse file opens and it also doesn't appear in the systems fonts list in Muse? Does anyone know how to import a font into Muse on a PC so that they can view the site without it using a substitute font for Myriad Pro Bold?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to lizre

Does the new font appear in any other program on their computer?

The font should appear as "Myriad Pro". Then they would need to select the bold option on Muse's toolbar.

Beware that Myriad will be rendered as an image, not live text. This will hurt the web site in search results. Consider using either a Typekit font or one of the 'web safe' fonts for maximum visibility of your client's site.

There's no point in making a great site if nobody can find it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 5:52 AM   in reply to lizre

As the font appears correctly in Word, this topic becomes less of a 'general question about using Muse' and more of a bug report.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse/adobe_muse_bugs

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to lizre

You can try posting to the link in my last message.

lizre wrote:

...they are now paying monthly...

It may be good to start people out on free trial software before committing to being a franchisee of Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to lizre

Hi,

Refer to the Zak's response in a similar discussion here,

How come my installed system font is not working???

- http://forums.adobe.com/message/4492558#4492558

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points