This is my first post here, so apologizes if my question was already answered. I haven't though found it in the forums.
I have a problem when exporting my videos. I have tried many formats and read some answers about this in the forums, but none seem to solve it. I record my videos in 1280 x 720 HD MP4. That's what they look like straight out of the camera:
And this is the same video in Adobe Premiere Pro (part of the editing consisted in turning the video upside down).You can see that Premiere Pro fits the video between to black stripes. Why?
However, after exporting them, this is what they look like. Looks like it realizes that the format will not fit YouTube and it re-fits it into a frame:
And this is the final product, uploaded to Youtube:
As you see, quality is very poor compared to the original video, and there is a thick black frame I'd like to get rid of. I think I must be using the wrong format, but I don't know what should be the right one. May the problem be with the camera settings? I guess not, as without any editing, it fits perfectly into YouTube format.
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, you have posted to the Premiere Elements (separate program) Forum, and not to the PrPro Forum.
If you have PrPro CS 5 - CS 6, post here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current?view=ov erview
If you have PrPro CS 4, or Earlier, post here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_previous?view=o verview
For some PrPro Export tips, see this FAQ Entry.
Thank you for your help. I accidentally wrote Premiere Pro in my post, but I'm using Premiere Elements; that's why I asked here.
Sorry again; this is my first time here and I may be having some trouble navigating the forums.
Excellent, you ARE in the correct forum.
As for the quality and also the black borders (usually caused by a mis-match between the Source Footage and the Project's Preset), can you list the full specs. of your Source Footage, and also your Project Preset.
Good luck, and thanks for that info,
The problem were indeed the project's Preset settings. I was looking at the opposite end of the job, so it took me quite a little time to find what it was. I changed the settings to something that looked similar to the source footage and now I don't have the black frame anymore.
Again, thank you for your help. Cheers!
This is quit common. The Project must match the Source Footage, as closely, as is possible.
Then, when edited, one would choose the appropriate Export/Share settings to get a final output, that meets their needs.
The one exception to this is when one is doing SlideShows, with Still Image ONLY, i.e. no Video. Then, they would look to the output, setup their Project for that, and Scale the Still Images to match that. Remember, that is with Projects, that have NO Video.
Good luck, and glad that the forum was helpful.