Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Workflow with Sony XDCAM (DV25)

May 15, 2012 12:42 PM

Tags: #subclip #workflow #logging #prelude #ingest #ingestion

Hello,

As far as I know Pl cannot communicate with XDCAM decks via FTP. That would be cool to add. Now for the actual question. Is there any kind of workflow that prelude can pre-edit (rough cuts or even subclips) with the low-res XDCAM files and then Ingest them in Pr in hi-res? and only the clips (and sub-clips) that the user selected in Pl (assuming that the XDCAM disc is always accessible).

I hope that made sense...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to Kostas Arvanitidis

Not really.  You should be able to log your proxies then export the XMP (via File>Save Metadata As...) then ingest and attach that XMP to the original hi-res clips via Window>Unassociated Metadata, however that doesn't seem to address your question.

Generally the files you ingest into Prelude are the files you'll send to Premiere Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to Kostas Arvanitidis

Just confirming: You've tried importing the "low-res MP4 (MXF) Sony XDCAM" clips into Prelude and PPro CS6, and they fail to import?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:05 PM   in reply to Kostas Arvanitidis

Cool, thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to bbb_999

I'm having a related issue. Trying to import the XDCAM HD subclips (from 50mb 422 shot disc).  They are MP4 files and all other MP4 files seem to import fine - but not any from any of our XDCAM HD discs.  Any answers for this?  We are currently using PP CS 5.0 for offline and need to edit the subclips if possible. thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points