Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DPS Update Failing

May 16, 2012 9:40 AM

Tags: #indesign #cs6 #adobe_dps

Using CS6/Creative cloud at the moment. When I try to check for updates, it says that there is an update for DPS Desktop Tools CS6 (2.01.1 Update).

Whenever I try to install it though, I get the following error:

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.01.1 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Then, I tried downloading the CS6 Digital Publishing Patch from the website, and it gives me this error:

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.01.1 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

I have tried uninstalling indesign/all of CS6, and restarting my machine. I am on an iMac using 10.7.4.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to nathanalf

Could you please send me the installer logs for this form following location :

Mac: <Root Volume>/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers and send it across to vitalwar@adobe.com

This will help in debugging this issue . Probably  the log will specifically have DPS Desktop Tools in its name.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to Vikas Talwar

Out of curiosity, is there an error code listing available?

Also - The last DPS Desktop Tools CS6 update deleted the content viewer from my applications folder. I pulled it back from the backup disk (which was mounted when the installer ran) and I think it may have updated the file on the backup disk. I don't see any references to the backup disk in the logging, but i did see this>

CustomHooks.dylib: AdobeContentViewer installation failed

CustomHooks.dylib: Call to LSRegisterURL Failed!

and this >

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {ED084670-9094-11E1-AA6B-57F3A42BE5DE} DPS Desktop Tools CS6_2.0.0.395_AdobeDigitalPublishing-mul 2.0.0.395 -----------

ERROR: DF037: Unable to delete directory "/Applications/Adobe/AdobePatchFiles"(Seq 438)

WARNING: DW063: Command ARKDeleteDirectoryCommand failed.(Seq 438)

Please search the above error/warning string(s) to find when the error occurred.

These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

[       0] Mon May 14 10:03:17 2012  INFO

Exit Code: 0 - No error.

Please see specific errors and warnings for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DF037 ... WARNING: DW063 ...

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*= *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

END - Installer Session

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*= *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Going to guess LSRegisterURL failed because there was no app to register.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to Nate Alf

I would still request you to send me the complete log file as  you have just give the summary and I would still need to look into the complete issue.   

You can find the log files at  following location : Mac: <Root Volume>/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers and  probably  the log will specifically have DPS Desktop Tools in its name.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:16 AM   in reply to Vikas Talwar

Hi. Was just doing that. You should have it now. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to Vikas Talwar

Vikas, I am having this problem too. I don't see a solution posted here, so if you don't mind I'm going to email you my log files, too.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 1:01 PM   in reply to Vikas Talwar

Hi Vikas
    I am having this problem too, i'll send it the logs to your mail if you don't mind

Thanks!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2014 5:57 AM   in reply to Nicoob

i have the same problem could you send me the logs aswell ?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points