We are using FrameMaker 10 and RoboHelp 9 on a Windows 7 platform.
We publish user guides that contain a Glossary chapter. The Glossary chapter is located at the end of the user guides, just prior to the Index.
When we hand off the content from FrameMaker to RoboHelp to publish WebHelp, we do not want to use the RoboHelp Glossary tab. Instead, we want the glossary to show up as a node you can click in the TOC, so that all glossary terms show up in the content frame on the right.
Everything works as we expect, with one exception. The chapter heading "Glossary" (a Heading 1 paragraph style) that is at the top of the file in the FrameMaker book, appears at the very bottom of the Glossary content in the published WebHelp. (All other Heading 1 chapter titles appear at the top when published to WebHelp.)
We know how to go into the HTML file and move "Glossary" to the top of the file. However, we would like to just configure it somehow to show up at the top of the Glossary node without having to tweak it manually every time we publish.
Does anyone have any ideas that we can try?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Since you didn't really say which method you're using to get FM content into RH (importing or linking) it's a bit hard to diagnose what's going on. I make sure that my Glossary .fm file is placed in my FM ToC in the desired place before importing. With it in the ToC, it comes over in the correct place in RH. I tell the RH Conversion Settings that I want to use the FM ToC and IX, and say no to the Glossary import.
Thank you for the reply Jeff.
We neither link nor import. We set up an empty project in RoboHelp with all of the properties we want, then publish WebHelp directly out of FrameMaker. [In RoboHelp, we set up File > Project Settings, and also WebHelp (Primary Layout) > Properties.]
Our glossary is a two-column glossary, but the "Glossary" Heading 1 is in its own text frame that spans the distance of both columns.
We are trying different approaches to the text frame.
Here is what we did that worked for us.
We got rid of the text frame on the first page of the glossary.
We put the Heading 1 text "Glossary" into the two-column content area of the glossary entries.
We used the "Pagination" tool of the Paragraph Designer, and selected "Across All Columns" for the Heading 1 paragraph style.
Glad you figured it out in your case - without seeing some screenshots I'm not sure what you describe makes any difference to the positioning of a topic in a RH ToC though. The "publish" route you're using doesn't afford you as much control as the more usual route of linking or importing since all the details are hidden "behind the scenes." I think I remember hearing that it is doing an import when you publish, but it erases the resulting project since it's only a temp stage in the production of the final output.