Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Vector Design in Adobe Collage ?

May 12, 2012 2:08 PM

Tags: #vectors

Hi,

I have all the Touch Apps, and teach MasterSuite CS 5.5 at our College. All our middle school students have iPads and senior students had a choice between a laptop or iPad.

I wish Adobe would develop an app with Vector Design. InkPad and TouchDraw are excellent apps and allow advanced Vector design.

I had hoped Adobe Collage would have had some sort of Vector Design included.

I use the Touch Apps to teach the fundamental skills needed for MasterSuite and love the idea of using the Creative Cloud. PhotoShop Touch has all the basic skills needed to create assessment in middle school, but I really want to add vectors as well.

Please Adobe, develop an app like InkPad or TouchDraw. Will this be possible one day ?

Sean Udal

Shalom College - QLD, Australia

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to sean_udal

Have you tried using adobe ideas. It supports vector drawing and has good interoperability with illustrator and photoshop

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

But isnt it true Ideas does not support text and collage does not support layers. I find neither program useful because of this design limitations. and ive yet to be able to open Collage in Ai or Ps. For me Adobes promise of proffesional tools on the iPad is just not true. I subscribe to creative cloud and own the iPad Apps and it does not work as marketed.

Steven Gotts

CreatingImages

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to stevengotts

Steven.

Sorry to hear that you're not having a good experience with Collage. I just wanted to let you know that we do not advertise that you can open a collage file in PS or AI.

While Collage does not support layers, it is a design decision made by us. We believe that an inspiration gather app should be fluid and should not force you to pick an active layers to work on.  You can work with image objects and ordering them without a full blown layer panel.

This said, we are working on an update to collage and we'd love to know what things you find limiting about the application so that we can try to fix these in our next update.

Regards,

--Anubhav

Anubhav Rohatgi

Sr. Product Manager

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to sean_udal

Thanks for your post and support!

Having shape masks and drop shadows are on our to do list. And we have some other really interesting ideas we're working on to make collaboration on boards easier.

You probably already know this but… Scrappy does not work with PSD, AI or PDF files nor does it allow you to leverage your content library or others for inspiration.

--Anubhav

Anubhav Rohatgi

Sr. Product Manager

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points