Skip navigation
Grisz
Currently Being Moderated

Images and CSS not working

May 16, 2012 12:03 PM

Tags: #help #html #export #images #css #muse #broken #hosting

I have exported the HTML files from Muse and uploaded all files to the Godaddy (Deluxe hosting package) server. The images are broken and css is not working? Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to Grisz

The export folder contains several folders, including one called "css" one called "images" and one called "scripts".

Did you upload all of those folders?

Also, when you uploaded, did you keep the folders intact rather than just uploading the contents of the folders?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to Grisz

Hi Grisz,

I checked and found that the logo image is giving an HTTP status of "403: Forbidden"

This almost certainly means that the images, scripts, and css folders don't have read permissions. You need to reset the permissions and then check the website.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to Grisz

HI.  I am having the same issue as Grisz!  I have changed all the permissions and trying to upload my files to my hosting site register.com.  My files look exactly as Grisz files looked in their screenshot.  They one difference is that in the register.com hosting site, they have 2 folders existing there when I open fetch.  One folder is called "cgi-bin" and the other is "htdocs".  I have all my exported folders from Muse placed inside the "htdocs" folder.  Is there any code I need to change??

this is how my site looks on business catalyst  http://trellishomecom01.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

and how it looks now reading the ftp site  http://www.trellishome.com

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to deuce121

Hi Deuce121,

It appears you resolved the issue because your Business Catalyst and hosted sites both display the same. Please reply with how you resolved the issue as it may help others.

Best regards,

Corey

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points