Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Editing in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements: Basic workflow

Mar 29, 2012 9:57 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have followed these instructions, and have Elements 10 on my machine, with the app correctly identified in Lightroom's preferences, but when I click on Edit in Elements, nothing happens - this is the case whether or not Elements has been launched.  Help????

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 9:54 AM   in reply to portolisboa

I just tried to perform that task within the last 2 minutes and it does work! Elements 10 opens and the phioto is open ready to edit.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to flstafford@juno.com

Well, I've no doubt that it is supposed to work like that, but the fact is that it doesn't on my machine.  I'd have expected someone from Adobe to be responding, rather than another user, since, unless they've had the same problem they're unlikely to know what the solution might be. I should add that I'm using Lightroom 4, Elements 10 on an iMac, with the OSX Lion version 10.7.3 operating system.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to portolisboa

I installed LR4 and set up PSE10 as external editor. When I try to open a photo from LR in PSE I get an error. The popup says "Unexpected error performing command. Bad argument #1 'lower' (expected string, got nil)."  Using windows 7 64 bit. and this worked with LR 3.6

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 3:14 PM   in reply to TomFireFox

I have the same problem with LR4 and elements 10 The popup says "Unexpected error performing command. Bad argument #1 'lower' (expected string, got nil).". i was going to buy LR4 but if it will not work with other adobe software i dont think I will be paying good money for it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 9:25 AM   in reply to Community Help

I had the same problem with LR4 and Elements10, but talked with Adobe online and, as a result of that, everything now works happily. It's basically a problem with a file Elements creates which you have to delete.  Can't remember the details now and it would help if Adobe could post the instructions online.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 9:28 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have a problem, when Im done editing a photo in photoshop and swtitch back to lightroom, a new version of my edited photo DOES NOT appears next to the original, its at the end of my sequenced images, can you help me to set it back to appear next to the original?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to jaimebanda30

I have a problem, when Im done editing a photo in photoshop and swtitch back to lightroom, a new version of my edited photo DOES NOT appears next to the original, its at the end of my sequenced images, can you help me to set it back to appear next to the original?

Change the Lightroom sort order to something different, most likely capture date, or file name will work.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to dj_paige

How exactly do I do that?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to dj_paige

I got it... after looking around I saw they were untitled, fixed it! Thanks for your help!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have a similar problem with LR4 and PS Elements11. PS 11 will open put the photo files are not transferred. I just updated from PS 9 and before the update the edit link between LR 4 and PS Elements 9 worked. On another computer where I had LR4 installed but not PS Elements, I have now installed elements 11. Cannot link LR4 to elements. Nothing happens.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to Just for Fun Productions

I had the problem and used chat to contact Adobe - very helpful.  Essentially you need to 1) remove your Lightroom preference file - it will have a .plist suffix, I think; 2) open Lightroom and click on 'Lightroom' on the menu strip; click on Preferences and then, when the box comes up, click on External Editing, move down to the Additional External Editor section and click on Choose, navigate to your Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app file and click on that - make sure you go to this file and not to Elements.app or Elements Organizer.app. Shut down Lightroom and open it up again, and it ought to work.  The preference file is regenerated when you open up Lightroom.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points