I have a couple of BC sites that are using the Forum. Clients are having problems registering for the forum because they have previoulsy interacted with the site in some way (newsletter sub or contact form) and their email is already stored in the CRM.
When they try to register for the forum the following message appears:
ERROR: The email address you entered is already registered to another user. Please choose another.
Is there some way around this?
Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. The user doesn't have a Username or Password stored in the CRM. So the password link just returns no results.
Example of the problem:
1. User signed up to newsletter using subscription box on a page
2. CRM stores their Name and email address
3. User decides later on to join the forum
4. Fills out forum registration form (which requires an email address)
5. Site prevents them from registering because the email address in their forum registration is already in use in the CRM
And there is no way for a user to access an account page to update their details themselves because to do so requires some sort of registeration process, which requires an email address, and we end up back at the same problem.
It seems like a big hole in the user experience. Any ideas?
You are correct there. It's a catch 22 we don't have a solution for at this stage. This is logged as an issue with the dev team though, so hopefully the dev team can find a solution for it.
Europe, Middle East and Africa