Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DPS Licensing RE iPhone

May 16, 2012 9:23 AM

So here's my question. I work for a non-profit, and we currently produce a free iPad magazine 2-3 times a year (we actually just update the single branded version in iTunes, so only one issue is ever available at a time).  We signed up for the Professional membership last year before the single editions were announced. I had planned to transition to Single Editions when our subscription expired, but this iPhone thing is putting a wrench in it.

So, help me understand how this works.

With Single Editions, it seems like putting out an issue would cost:

$395 for the iPad2 version

$395 for the iPad3 version

No ability to create iPhone.

Not a great solution. Would it be smarter to purchase the Professional edition monthly edition 2-3 times a year? Seems like that would just be $495 per/issue for us, and we'd get iPhone as well. Any downsides to this?

Also, and you create a single-folio app for iPhone? (i.e., not a multi-folio viewer) I know this isn't an option for Android, which has kept us off that platform.

I found this article: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishingsuite/articles/dps-indesi gn-authoring-for-iphone-ipod-touch.html, but it didn't seem to answer it clearly.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 12:28 AM   in reply to Jerry Cooley

'Not a great solution. Would it be smarter to purchase the Professional edition monthly edition 2-3 times a year? Seems like that would just be $495 per/issue for us, and we'd get iPhone as well. Any downsides to this?'

Can you use DPS monthly like this? i.e. - publish a multi-issue viewer, let your subscription to DPS expire, then renew in 3 months time and publish another folio to the same viewer?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points