Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks Help | What’s new in CS6

May 17, 2012 3:23 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 3:23 AM   in reply to Community Help

In Creative Cloud version of Fireworks CS6 i've purchased the assets "social networks" and "mobile icons" under the common library panel are missing...

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 5:38 AM   in reply to Francesco Leonardo Fabbri

Hi Francesco,

Social networks and mobile icons are not added in the Common Library panel. Here is the list of new assets: Gesture, Icons, iPhone, jQuery Bootstrap, Wireframe, Wireframe-Ads, Wireframe-iPad, Wireframe-iPhone, and Wireframe Windows Phone 7.

Thanks,

Sunil

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 5:48 AM   in reply to Sunil_Bhaskaran

It is possible to dwnload it or they completely has been removed in non-beta release?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to Community Help

Had some Fw weirdness today when opening up CS 5.5 Fw files into CS 6 Fw. Many slices which had worked and exported fine before (in CS 5.5) no longer exported. The exports look as if they're carried out when you're in Fw CS6, as there are really no alerts to say that the exports have completed. When in the export dialog boxes w/ options you can see that your desired slice indeed has a filename and a destination to where it will be saved. You can even make an alert occur when overwriting an exported file with the same file name. However, when navigating to the directory where you intended to export to, there is no file. Sometimes the dialog will want to give the slice a numeric value as the filename. This value can be seen in the web layer palette at the bottom of the Fw interface. In order to fix the problem, I did a file>"Save As" and appended the .png extension to see if it mattered to Fw. I also deleted all pre-existing slices meant for exporting and redrew them. After performing these steps, I was able to export slices to my computer properly. Long live Fw. Long live vectors. Hope this helps someone and/or the Fw team at Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to dickkirkland

Dick can you please report this to the Adobe Wishform? It is regularly monitored by Adobe, unlike the user to user forum here. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to Jim_Babbage

You bet. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 5:42 PM   in reply to Sunil_Bhaskaran

I've got the script for Fireworks Demo and it refers to Image Placeholder in Common library under Wireframes.  I don't have Image Placeholder in my install.  Should I?

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 6:33 PM   in reply to Barb Ackemann

Hi Barb:

Yeah... I'm sure that symbol was there in the beta, but it seems to be gone now. On the bright side, John Dunning has created a far more effective image placeholder autoshape that you can download for free:

http://johndunning.com/fireworks/about/Placeholder

If you would still prefer the symbol, you can grab it from one of the wireframe templates in Fireworks (Restaurant,Travel and Miscellaneous assets all have it, I believe).

HTH

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to Community Help

I recently upgraded to Fireworks CS6 and don't have any of the air commands, such as "Air Mouse Events" "Create Air File" etc. Is that a separate install?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 8:48 PM   in reply to cybergypsys

The AIR export commands are deprecated in CS6:

http://helpx.adobe.com/fireworks/using/whats-new-cs6.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/sarthak/2012/06/fireworks-cs6-new-feature-list. html

That said, if they work on your current setup in CS5, you might try copying them to the corresponding Configuration folder in CS6. You may be able to get some more usage out of them.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to groove25

That's disappointing. It was really helpful in prototyping.

Any reason why they decided to drop that?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to Community Help

Are there any copyright issues when using the iPhone wireframe from the common library?  I want to use the iPhone image in an online training course to display some text.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:31 PM   in reply to CUe-Learner23

There is no danger of copyright violation when using material from the common library.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Community Help

Does anyone know how fw.reloadTextures works? It just returns null and nothing is updated. Is there necessary argument(s)?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 7:30 PM   in reply to motionman95

Seems like a fair question. It has been over half a year since CS6 was released; it sure would be nice if Adobe would issue a new Extending Fireworks PDF for this version (or at least update the online resource).

My scripting skills are a little rusty at the moment; I can't seem to get this method to work either. I assume that both fw.appTexturesDir() and fw.reloadTextures() were designed to make it easier to add or create new textures via script, and that fw.reloadTextures simply refreshes the list that appears in the Properties panel, allowing a user to select a new texture if one has been added into the Textures directory via a command.

I think you can compare it to a method like fw.reloadCommonLibrary() and assume that no argument is needed.
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/fireworks/cs/extend/WS12CE202D-B0F7-4d62-8 5A0-D4BD97927477.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 7:47 PM   in reply to groove25

Thanks for the reply, groove25. I agree - it would be great if Adobe released an Extending Fireworks CS6, online or PDF. As far as I know, it should've happened already.

As far as the function goes - maybe it's a specific way it has to be used, or a certain folder that it will only reload from, or it's not working as intended - but bottom line is that it doesn't seem to be working. I'd love to get some feedback from the actual Fireworks team.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points