• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Version Cue - can't right click!

May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP!!!

I understand that there has been numerous threads about this already but nothing is working for me!

Basically, whenever I right click (this is a necessity as you know!) this message appears:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Client\4.0.0\Version Cue.dll

I used to have the trial version of Indesign CS4, but uninstalled it when the trial was up. I think this is when this started. I have photoshop Elements 6.0 which is working fine. I have been told to move the Adobe folder to another folder in the C drive but it won't let me because I need administrator permission (to unlock this, you need to be able to right click the file! )

Hopefully, someone can help with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Then, I'm afraid that you might need to reinstall your computer. (I thought about trying to install another CS4 trial (If you can still find one), to see if its uninstaller would clean everything... maybe as a last resort?)

Did you originally install the software in a non-standard location?

Did you see this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/313930 ?

Maybe installing a trial, run updates, then uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought Version Cue was discontinued some time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. Does this mean that there's no way of rectifying this problem then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Marpc1. Where do you right-click? in what program? Where/why did you get an old trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie,

This happens whenever I right click on my Desktop, to copy or paste for example, or in any folder or file. It does not happen when I am in a specific program though. I got the trial version about a year ago and this has been happening since!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PECourtejoie, thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately this did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, I'm afraid that you might need to reinstall your computer. (I thought about trying to install another CS4 trial (If you can still find one), to see if its uninstaller would clean everything... maybe as a last resort?)

Did you originally install the software in a non-standard location?

Did you see this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/313930 ?

Maybe installing a trial, run updates, then uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a trial version of cs4 and downloaded it - it worked!

Thank you so much. I'm afraid to uninstall in incase it happens again so I will just leave it as it is.

Thanks again PECourtejoie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated in my previous post, it seems that updating version cue might be needed to cure the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines