Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

IPAD APP

Jan 28, 2012 10:27 PM

I do a lot of writing on the go and I use my Ipad.  As of now I cant use the Ipad to write in story but an App or some other way to do so would be key for me and my writing partner.  We started a script in story and like it alot .  We havent seen any issues or bugs.  But we cant go on using Story like this till we can start using the Ipad. Please tell me this will work yesteday on the Ipad. 

THanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to AdobeCustomerServiceHorri

I'd like to know if/when story will be available as an ipad ap and if/when the iphone ap will be updated to not crash.  I think the ap on ipad will be extremely useful. Any info on that?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to milesfrompercection

We just submitted the update to the iPhone app to Apple so the crash should go away as soon as Apple approved the 1.1 update.

The iPad app is definitely on our roadmap but we can't say when we'll be able to release.

--Anubhav

From: Adobe Forums <forums@adobe.com<mailto:forums@adobe.com>>

Reply-To: "jive-1512077648-as6o-2-2hfmb@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-1512077648-as6o-2-2hfmb@mail.forums.adobe.com>" <jive-1512077648-as6o-2-2hfmb@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-1512077648-as6o-2-2hfmb@mail.forums.adobe.com>>

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 04:00:37 +0530

To: "anubhav@adobe.com<mailto:anubhav@adobe.com>" <anubhav@adobe.com<mailto:anubhav@adobe.com>>

Subject: Re: IPAD APP IPAD APP

Re: IPAD APP

created by milesfrompercection<http://forums.adobe.com/people/milesfrompercection> in Adobe Story - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4172627#4172627

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

iPad app would be extremely helpful. More and more I am using the iPad for everything from script referencing to storyboarding to clapboard. Good iPad integration with the service would be perfect.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to johnmangino

Is there any news on further integration with the iPad?

Having the ability to wirte on the iPad using this amazing software would be out of this world !

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 11:56 PM   in reply to quarterbluematt

We have a good prototype working now and expect to release an app for the iPad soon.

Sorry, I have to be vague about the timing but we are closer than ever before and we need approval from apple before we can publicly talk about dates.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 6:34 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Wonderful!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

That is brilliant news !!

I know you can't give details about the date of release but are there any details on what features we can expect ?

So excitied about being able to use this brilliant software on the move !!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

More importantly, Android app?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 10:25 PM   in reply to quarterbluematt

Sorry to turn this around but what would you like to see in the application?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 1:01 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Full tablet (or phone) UIUX, access to the cloud to pull down docs as well as offline storage for when you are out in the field and don't have access to wifi/4G.   Maybe the ability to share scripts through the app, via Android's great share 2 other apps feature.  You could email someone a PDF, .DOCX or .TXT version of the script directly from your device.  Or, you could share a link to a "read only" "public" version of the site (sort of like Dropbox).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Hi,

4 months since August 4th... Any ideas about a launch date for Story iPad version? Looking forward to it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 3:52 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Export in a variety of different file types, and accepts a variety of file types.

Cloud sync for plus users

The same amount of functionality as Desktop app

Ability to hide toolbars when not in use (e.g projects currently being viewed/authored bar at top - window revenue/space is key)

And now the idea that will make you think I am insane: voice control, though I would prefer typing so it is not necessary.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Any info about the iPad version?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2013 4:29 AM   in reply to Panagiotis Bobolakis

Adobe please give us some info on whether or not this app will ever see the light of day!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 3:41 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

seriously what is going on with this? It seems insane that you don't have an iPad app yet?!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 8:05 PM   in reply to prowl

Hi all--

We are prioritizing requests for Story across all platforms, and developing an iPad app that allows writing and editing scripts will require a significant development effort. Why? Managing scripts that are potentially several hundred pages long (what our TV customers like ITV end up with when they group 4 or 5 scripts into a shooting script) introduces a lot of complexity and introduces significant performance requirements.

We don't have any announcements at this point, but rest assured we are exploring options.

Thanks,

ellen

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 1:03 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Camera shots exportable along with other story data, perhaps comprehensive shot lists included within the schedules, IPAD APP, IPAD APP, IPAD APP, celtex seems to work fine surely you can get this happening.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 2:07 AM   in reply to JoshCAMer

For android, just make the site mobile accessable if you can't figure out an app.  

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 2:17 AM   in reply to pixelmonk1

@pixelmonk1

It's all flash - so that's not going to happen as the whole site is Flash and is not supported on Android or iOS mobiles / tablets browsers.

I actually don't understand why an app for Android or iOS would take so long as flash can be converted into an app in one click. but I suppose there is other underlying tech in this like AIR etc that would have to be converted.

It's a shame because Adobe would have the best application of this kind out there if they could sort out prober mobile use.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points