Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Getting serial number for CS6?

May 6, 2012 10:12 PM

Tags: #cs6

I ordered a creative suite software pack that said that I qualified for the deal that I get to upgrade for free to CS6 when it is released.  Since it is now available I was just curious when the serial numbers would be sent out or if I need to contact someone to get it?  Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 10:18 PM   in reply to pianoman369

It depends how you have purchased CS6, If you have bought it directly from the Adobe then Adobe will directly contact via e-mial but you have bought from Reseller or any other source then you have to proactivly contact Adobe and get the details.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 12:11 AM   in reply to pianoman369

Yes , you will receive the email but it will have the process of how to get the serial number and free upgrade , it will not have your serial number.

Once you will follow the process , then you will have the serial number and installation media.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 1:22 AM   in reply to pianoman369

You will receive an mail this week. Rest easy, it's not even Monday properly. Give them time to do their work.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to pianoman369

Pianoman369 I would recommend reviewing the How do I claim my complimentary upgrade section of Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-faq-direct-purch ases.html.  It provides details regarding the process and the timing of the e-mails informing you of the upgrade availability.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 3:03 PM   in reply to pianoman369

Nightmare. Working with Adobe Support is a full time job.

So the CS6 upgrade arrives in the post today from Germany.

I search everywhere for the Serial Number which is conspicuous by its absence.

NOTHING. Not even a note as to 'NOTHING'

I try to install...it asks for the Serial Number. Yes, you guessed right...its not the CS5.5 Serial Number.

I guess with the price of their software they can afford all these support admin people...chatting and emailing their long-suffering customers.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 5:13 PM   in reply to mydogmuppet

When you say "post", do you mean "e-mail"?

And when you say you searched for a serial number, what did you search?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 11:33 PM   in reply to AudoWarp

Errr. For the last 20 years serial numbers have been printed on the media that the software is supplied in. Usually a sticky label on the CD/DVD cover. This system worked.

Adobe know better than to inflict this antediluvian, tried and tested  method of distributing serial numbers - they prefer to do it by email. (Whilst saving costs - they think it cuts out piracy ?)

Only in this case they neither supply a serial number on the media ....nor do they think it worthwhile to email one to me, even tho' i'm in their system for the CS6 upgrade. Go figure..

Yes ...the 5.5 serial number is useless.

But perhaps what annoys me most is the utter contempt Abode have for their customers. They post nothing about this on the Internet & they cannot be bothered to respond either here or via my Open Case in support.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Yeah, I got my e-mail.

Alas, it has not helped me get my serial numbers, or my upgrade.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to AudoWarp

AudoWarp and Mydogmuppet have you tried the steps listed at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3987968#3987968 to locate your serial number on your order page?  If so do you have a case number or order number I can review.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:48 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Mydogmuppet I see pictures of your box and the DVD but not the DVD case.  The serial number is typically located on the back of the DVD case.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 3:36 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Just got off with a long chat session this morning with a guy who said he would move my case up to the next level and I would get an e-mail.

Don't know about a case number.

Where do I get a case number?

I have no serial numbers for CS6--that is the problem.

I have serial numbers's for CS2, CS5, CS5.5........

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

OH, here.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 5:19 PM   in reply to AudoWarp

AudoWarp can you please check your order again and let me know if you are now able to access it?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:57 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I just recieved 2 emails from Adobe giving me serial numbers and instructions.

I'm assuming this is from a case number I had pending.

Yes--I now own CS6!

Now lets hope I can get it onto the computer!

I've heard that going from the trial version is not a good idea, so I will start fresh.

Thank you for your concern and help!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 8:28 PM   in reply to AudoWarp

Interesting, I'll contact support and see what they say. Waiting on CS6 serial here also

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:07 PM   in reply to SCRcR

No luck on my end. He said wait another 2 weeks or so. I only purchased the CS 5.5 so I could get 6. Turning into quite a long wait

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to SCRcR

Who told you that?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:15 PM   in reply to AudoWarp

Hi AudoWarp. It was one of the support members. I believe his name was Raneth. I asked if I could get a serial any faster as I only purchased the suite to install CS6, he didn't answer my question.

It's quite frustrating really, I want to get onto CS6 ASAP. Yeah, I understand there are waits and everything, but it's not the greatest system. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:26 PM   in reply to SCRcR

MAybe try again.

Did you at least get the email saying you got the upgrade?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:28 PM   in reply to AudoWarp

No, I never got that either. I purchased via the Adobe website a few days before CS6 was released. The support rep said I get the free upgrade, but that was it. I might have to try again *bah*

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:30 PM   in reply to SCRcR

Oh, you'll be fine.

I doubt you have to wait two weeks.

Let us know--and good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to AudoWarp

AudoWarp very happy to hear that your order is now available.  SCRcR do you have a case number or order number I can reference to look at your order while you are waiting to hear back from our support team?

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff,

Not really sure if this is the right one or not: 0208375582

Apparently it was closed by Adobe. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to SCRcR

SCRcR did you check the e-mail address which is referenced to that account for the Post Annouce Upgrade e-mail?  You may also want to check your SPAM folder to see if it may have got caught there.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks for replying. Yeah I checked spam as well. Nothing. No serial/no upgrade instructions or anything.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to SCRcR

I would recommend contacting our support team again then.  The e-mails have been sent.  We do have a process in place to set you up manually with an order but you need to work with a support technician directly to get this initiated.  AudoWarp for example had contacted the support team and they had set him up up with an order for Creative Suite 6.  In his case though he had received the e-mail but the instructions had not worked properly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Ok I'll try again. I was basically brushed off last time so hopefully I get someone different.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 6:45 PM   in reply to SCRcR

Yep, told to wait until the end of the month. Support person can't initiate the coupon process, apparently. So annoying. I originally wanted to purchase CS6, Adobe say "Buy this and CS6 is free" so I figure why wait. Well, turns out I have to wait nearly a month after release it seems. Yeah, I can use the trial. But I didn't buy the software to use the trial.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points