Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 Missing Library Files Update

May 17, 2012 9:13 AM

Adobe posted a solution for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html 

I have not treid it yet.

Ed

Replies 1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

Thanks so much for posting this. Using a Mac under Lion, it does seem to work properly for me, very straightforward. I'm disappointed that Adobe got into this situation in the first place, which seems inexplicable to me, and I would have expected them to get the news out themselves in a more visible way, but at least the content is available now.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

I've just DL & installed (Win 7 64 Bit) per the instructions at the link. I found it all very straight forward as well. However, there is only Menu Content in the library and no sample content for the other items in the library (buttons, images, backgrounds, layer sets, text, shapes, & replacement layers.)

Should there be more content?

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 3:20 AM   in reply to E Baldwin

There will be full functional content available for download which will be containing everything - menus, buttons , backgrounds etc. I do not know the exact date but it will be available soon.

- Shuchi

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 6:05 AM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

In the interim I managed to use Explorer in Windows 7 and copy missing library from CS4 to CS6. I found the library at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS4\Library. CS6 64bit is in the C:\Program Files\folder.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to E Baldwin

I did the same as you after renaming the "library" folder "libraryOld", there are a few new menus in CS6 you can copy over to your backed-up folder. You can also transfer the "styles" folder over. I noticed that if you look through the sub-folders of the old CS5.* "library" and "styles" folders you will notice a huge amount of files with a .psdloc extension if you rename them to a .psd extension they become usable.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 7:46 AM   in reply to terryd1

It's correct that when you rename them to a .psd extension they become usable, but I heard from Adobe that the Content Installer was not good. There working now for a new Installer!

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

Groannnnnn....This is getting frustrating. I just DL & Installed this "new" content and En CS6 Library Content looks the same. Just a few sample menus in each set, but still NO buttons, images, etc. Also....Pr title template selection is messed up and do not display properly in the left pane of the "new title from template" window. Once I was in there and browsing around, I could not close Pr without invoking the task manager.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

This installer IS STILL BROKEN.  It only installs a few menu templates and NONE of the other content, buttons, images, backgrounds, etc.  So far, this so called latest release is identical to the broken installer that comes on the Content disk of CS6 production premium.

What's the deal here??

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 2:32 PM   in reply to zoon_unit

Here's a portion of the Encore Functional install log:

Extracting assets complete. Number assets: 2

Beginning installation for payload at F:\Adobe Encore CS6 Functional Content\payloads\AdobeEncoreFunctionalContent6All\Install.db

Evaluating condition# 1(Seq 2)

Condition failed(Seq 2)

Evaluating condition# 1(Seq 3)

Condition failed(Seq 3)

Evaluating condition# 1(Seq 4)

Condition failed(Seq 4)

These errors continue for several pages, so apparently most items in the install.db are corrupted.  SOME content is installed however, like a few Menus.

Here's my question:  How in the heck did the engineers at Adobe miss these errors when they were "supposedly" posting updated install programs that were "supposedly" fixed?????

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 6:11 AM   in reply to zoon_unit

Well I finally talked to Adobe.  They had me download the dmg file from SOLUTION1 of the http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html page.  This installed the MENU templates for Encore, but NO BUTTONS or TEXT STYLES!!!

Uggggggg

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to dkardell

Those downloads have now disappeared they are now offering this solution with no explaination.

Solution 1 - Creative Cloud and disc product customers

#Download and install the functional content for Premiere Pro and Encore. After Effects template projects have been migrated to the After Effects Exchange.

Premiere Pro and Encore functional content is being migrated to a new server. This document will be updated when those links are available.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to E Baldwin

ok 6 days later and still "Premiere Pro and Encore functional content is being migrated to a new server. This document will be updated when those links are available" ???

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to dkardell

In the US, this is a "long-weekend," and most Adobe employees probably left the office early on Friday, to spend some time with family and friends over the Memorial Day weekend.

I'd give them a bit more time.

Also, there could be some issue with either the Functional Content, or perhaps with its installer (maybe above, or in another similar thread, Stanley outlined how Encore installs have changed, and changed back), so there could well be something, that has required more work, than initially anticipated. Personally, I would rather have everything work perfectly the first time, than have them rush to publish something, that very soon needs a rework.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:24 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

The link in original post was just updated with new info this morning. We've uploaded archives for both Premiere Pro and Encore. The Encore archive is a big one, about 12GB, so you might want to employ a download manager.

Edit: We're aware of the problems caused by really large downloads. We're working on splitting the file into easily digestible chunks. Stand by.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:40 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

How do we employ the new DL Content for Premiere Pro? You have posted instructions for Encore, but nothing for Pr

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to DearlG

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Chad,

Good grief!

If the Encore file is too large to download (and it is, the download bombs) then why post a link to it at all?

This is getting very frustrating.  I just wish the Adobe employees would QUALITY CHECK their posts before posting them.  So far, this so-called "fix" has only wasted the time of all Encore owners.

FWIW, I'll be interested to see what kind of Encore content could possibly use up 12.1 gigs!  That must be some awesome content.    No wonder they couldn't fit it on a measly 4.7 gig DVD.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to zoon_unit

This upload contains multiple language packages. We're working on breaking it into multiple language packages that can be downloaded separately, at considerably reduced size.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 4:21 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Well, that is a good idea, since I just unzipped the Premiere content and saw that all the languages were all mixed together.  What a mess!  I certainly don't want to go through and laboriously delete all but the English content.

BTW, where should the Premiere content be copied?  We apparently do not have the option to point to the templates in the Premiere preferences, and the issue post doesn't bother to give us install instructions for Premiere.

When I'm marking the Issue as helpful or not, you guys need to add a third option of "He#% no!" 

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 4:48 PM   in reply to zoon_unit

The document now includes links broken out by language. English is about 1.7GB now. Should be a bit more manageable.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 5:34 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

No luck here either...The Encore DL is still broken and no one has addressed the Premiere issue pointed out in #24 (zoon_unit) above.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 7:33 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

The download keeps dropping at about 1.2GB for me. Maybe try when fewer people are accessing the servers?

As a general observation, the Adobe website and forums seem surprisingly sluggish whenever I access them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:47 PM   in reply to Yellamokara

So what are the ESD customers supposed to do? We are still seeing the same procedure as before with the same file size. Has this been updated or should we be using the update feature in the software? Please make this plain, it seems everyone is confused about what is going on with size and install problems.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to rpestes

Can Adobe PLEASE fix this already??????  Thousands of Adobe programmers can churn out some of the most complex and powerful software in the world, and they can't even set up a simple zip file download?

I've spent HOURS today trying to download the many versions of these files with no luck.  Regardless of which browser or download app I use, the Encore download stops at about 460 mb's.

And I STILL can't get an answer about the Premiere files.  Will there be language versions for Premiere too?  If not, is there a guide as to which files to delete and which to keep if I just want English language templates?  And where do the template files go?

I'm sorry guys, but any jr. programmer should be able to zip up some files and place them on a server.  I do this all the time as a web developer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 5:53 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

Downloaded, unzipped and unarchived, then installed via Preferences > Media, but not a single file showed up in the Library.

Help?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

Adobe are you reading these comments? INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 6:09 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

I used Stuffit to expand en-US.7z. On a Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 9:59 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

The files in the extracted Premiere content are still multi-lingual.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 10:16 PM   in reply to E Baldwin

I think you can follow these steps to download and unzip the library content -

1)Download the full functional content on your system (.7z files)

2)Download unzip utility for .7z format

3)Extract the files to any desired location on your computer

4)Launch Encore and point the library to the location where you have just extracted the FC files.

• For MAC goto Encore->Preferences->Media .Browse to the Library folder of the FC which you have extracted.
    • For Windows got Edit->preferences->Media. Browse to the Library folder of the FC which you have extracted.

5)Click OK.

6)The library files will be loaded

Also, the library content contains all the files which were provided with the CS6 FC .

Thanks,

Shuchi

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 10:57 PM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

Wow. That's a lot of work. Of course, I can't seem to even unzip the zip file. Is there something special about the zip that windows can't natively unzip it? do I need a special zip utility as well?

Jonathan

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points