• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you able to automatically assign a case to a user?

New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to automatically assign a case to a user?
- We receive over 100 cases per day and it's so tedious to assign them manually to every user each day. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a form which is populated with an existing users details cases are automatically assigned to the user.

How are you doing this to have to do it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would filter all the cases that we received for the day , go into each case and edit the “Assigned To” field so that specific user can take ownership of the case.

I still don’t quite understand what you mean by your first statement. If you have a form which is populated with an existing users details cases are automatically assigned to the user.

Thanks,

Cookie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confused now because your title says how do you do that. If you already do that, what are you asking?

When a form is filled in the the CRM has "Customers" and cases are assigned to them if they fill out a form with the same email.

So not following what your problem is at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you are saying. I believe you thought that I was referring to “Users” as “Customers”. What I meant by “Users” is the user who also has access to our backend end CMS.

When a form is completed from our website, a case is created it then either creates a customer account if it is signed up under a new email address or it assigns itself to an existing customer with the same email address.

Sometimes the questions asks for each case applies to different customer service reps who has access to our CRM system. Everyday I go into the system and assign about 100 cases to one of our 60 different reps so that they would take ownership in answering that case. Which is very tedious I need this to be automated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, following you now.

You need to set up these people in the right roles and on the web forms create the workflows as you need them and assign the roles to those workflow steps, these can have multiple steps, require approval and even notify the "Customer" at a completed step etc.

Is that helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines