Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.CUR (cursor) for Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

From where can I get [ download ] .CUR (cursor) for Photoshop?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

There is no such thing. All icons and pointer cursors are part of the program executables and UI resources, some of which are accessible, otehrs which are not....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing. All icons and pointer cursors are part of the program executables and UI resources, some of which are accessible, otehrs which are not....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming the OP is interested in a plugin or other feature that would make it possible to actually open, edit, and save .cur files, I have needed that myself.  Unfortunately I didn't easily find a suitable solution and ended up downloading the free version of Axialis Icon Workshop for Visual Studio, which also handles making cursor files.  I was able to save .png files with transparency from Photoshop, then import those files into the Axialis application.

I too would love to find a good solution for reading and writing .cur and .ico files directly from Photoshop.

Now, I certainly haven't tried all the commercial/shareware/freeware out there, so perhaps this thread will uncover some good answers.

-Noel

P.S., A quick web search turns up these possibilities:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

What does OP stands for? Just curious.

Well - YUP! I am interested in a plug-in or maybe “.8BI” based file to save as “.CUR” file to incorporate in .html code. I don't use Visual Studio and hence downloading the free version of Axialis Icon Workshop may not make sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original Poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative1977 wrote:

Hi Noel,

What does OP stands for? Just curious.

Hi ??????,

I know this is an old question, but I wanted to comment...  I wrote my post using the term "OP" instead of your name, which is a nicer way to write, because, well, you didn't provide your name.  Names are nice, names are personal, names allow richer communication.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For ICO editing, I like http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/icofx_portable

For CUR editing: http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/anifx_portable

These are portable apps but they can install to an internal drive just as easily. These Windows apps also seem to run fine in Wine (for Mac and Linux).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess thats one of the reasons why I still have Corel Draw installed. Both .cur and .ico files as well as fonts can be created with it. Though for some reason I still prefer adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silkrooster,

So, how do you create .cur and .ico files from Corel Draw? Do you Export it? Or? By the way you said “as well as fonts can be created with it.” So, how do you create Fonts from Corel Draw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Corel Draw export to .ico, .cur, .ttf and postscript format, I forget at the moment of that extension, but you get the idea.

With the fonts its one character at a time. The entire canvas is the size of a single character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines