Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro Sub Forums?

May 17, 2012 6:49 PM

I've debated for days whether or not to ask this question. Why? Because I don't want to "start" anything.

The question: Would it be adventageous, or not, to have the forum split into two sub forums--PPro for PC and PPro for Mac?

The reason being I often read through a thread only to discover the discussion is Mac related and has no bearing on what I'm doing on a PC (and I'm confident it happens in the other direction as well).

This is not a PC vs. Mac question, so let's not even go there.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 7:08 PM   in reply to Jay Gladwell

I think it's a very good idea.

And while they're at it, perhaps change the background of these forums to something less blinding. Or give us an appearance slider like all their software has. I know I'd change mine to darker.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 7:26 PM   in reply to Jay Gladwell

>Jay... two sub forums--PPro for PC and PPro for Mac

Already discussed, plus the idea of a new sub-forum for CS6, and both ideas were denied... this was several months ago

>CSTeam3... these forums

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments where the new look is being HOTLY discussed

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 7:47 PM   in reply to John T Smith

At this point, a separate CS6 forum does seem useful.  I think enough has changed to warrant it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 11:53 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Agreed... been wanting this for a long time.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 5:34 AM   in reply to Jay Gladwell

If I were king for a day I would have it as follows.

A Help / Problems per CS Release.

I am tired of seeing endless CS6 crashes my PC, Need urgent Help, Premiere trashed my PC,  etc. etc. etc while looking for tips on workflows etc.

A General Howto or How do I.

Sony's forums are filled with great creativity questions and answers, how do I apply a color gradient to achieve this or that look. While we have a little of that here I sense just a tad of sarcasm is some replies.

A Look what I created subforum.

Where folks can showcase their achievements, answer questions, discuss film festivals, discuss current projects etc.

But then again, I am not king so I guess it is what it is. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 6:35 AM   in reply to deimosphobos

deimosphobos wrote:

If I were king for a day I would have it as follows.

A Help / Problems per CS Release.

I am tired of seeing endless CS6 crashes my PC, Need urgent Help, Premiere trashed my PC,  etc. etc. etc while looking for tips on workflows etc.

A General Howto or How do I.

Sony's forums are filled with great creativity questions and answers, how do I apply a color gradient to achieve this or that look. While we have a little of that here I sense just a tad of sarcasm is some replies.

A Look what I created subforum.

Where folks can showcase their achievements, answer questions, discuss film festivals, discuss current projects etc.

But then again, I am not king so I guess it is what it is. 

deimosphobos for King!! Oh, wait, who do we need to dethrone first?

To be honest, I totally agree with that there should be separate forums, as per deimosphobos' suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 7:46 AM   in reply to Jay Gladwell

This has been discussed, since the release of CS 3.

The feeling has been that there are more posts, that are not platform specific, than ones that are.

So long as the poster lets the forum know which platform they are on (this part seems to be getting better), I can see the wisdom of this, and it does seem that the MOD's, and Adobe Employees are in agreement on this.

Recently, the vaunted Photoshop forums (Mac and PC), were merged into one.

While there are still more PC PrPro users, the ranks of Mac-users has been growing, and especially, as of the release of FCPx.

I see wisdom in a combined forum, but if the "powers that be" did decide to split into platforms, I would live with that too.

Personally, I find the combined PS forum less useful to me, but then I am a status quo sort of person. The biggest complaint that I have there, is that there are now so very many posts (probably about 60% Mac, and 40% PC), that it is almost impossible to follow a thread, unless one subscribes to it - however, that just floods one's Inbox with e-mails, and most do not need more e-mails, at least not me.

Just my thoughts and observations,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Since this topic doesn't discuss technical support issues about Premiere Pro, I'm moving it to the Lounge.  Please continue to provide input and ideas to this thread.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to Jay Gladwell

Surely Forum Comments is a better place?

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Jon Chappell

Jon Chappell wrote:

Surely Forum Comments is a better place?

Possibly.  But I think this is a good "halfway house" for it.  Somewhere between only-Pr-users-will-see-it and no-Pr-users-will-see-it.  I think focused input from the folks who actually use the Premiere Pro forums would be more valuable than the more general input from the Forum Comments participants.  We'll see.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to Jay Gladwell

I'd be in favor of keeping them together, primarily for the reason that many questions apply cross-platform, and since the bulk of the long-time Premiere experts are PC based, the mac folks will suffer from having their input on their questions; I doubt many of them/us will spend any time over on the mac side.

That said, I am definitely in favor of splitting CS6 into its own forum, and I'd also like to see sidebar crosslinks to Speedgrade and Audition from the PrPro forum, as we have for the lounge and hardware forums. Now that they are an integral part of the PrPro experience, they need to be easily accessible to us PrPro folks, instead of having to drill all the way back out to the Adobe forums main page.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points