Skip navigation
sparkygurl
Currently Being Moderated

Does Adobe Bridge Cause Random Downloading Probs--and if yes, how do I get around it?

Jun 6, 2012 4:11 PM

Tags: ##cc_aam_troubleshoot ##cc_bridge_cs6

I have uninstalled and restarted my computer just to try to get rid of this error code--it won't let me download or access other Adobe programs I've paid for and now can't use.

The message I get is asking me to close Adobe Bridge. But I don't even have it anymore!! Totally frustrated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 1:33 AM   in reply to sparkygurl

Just to be sure, can you check Task Manager and see if the Adobe Bridge process is running on your computer? If you don't find it running, you might want to do run the cleanup tool and retry.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 2:36 AM   in reply to sparkygurl

Hi,

Are you clicking on button/checkbox to show processes from all users in task manager?

Regards,

Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to sparkygurl

Hi sparkygurl,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I feel your pain and understand what you are going through. Please understand that Bridge also runs a process in the background if you choose so on its first launch that can cause this. I can say that we are very committed to give you the best experience possible, however, no one can be perfect. I sincerely apologize for your lost time and would you be willing to have a connect session with me to try and see what the issue is? If so, check your Private Messages.

Regards,

Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to sparkygurl

Not sure if this helps, but you might try the steps listed here:
    https://help-internal.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/erro r-installation-cannot-continue-bridge.html

If you're still struggling please contact our technical support for assistance.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points