Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

folio won't update

May 18, 2012 10:53 AM

i'm having issues with updating a folio (published or unplished makes no difference). whatever changes i make in indesign (and of course save) simply don't show up in the content viewer, no matter how many times i update the folio. the only way to get the updated version is actually creating a new folio. does an ipad have a cache, like a browser that can cause this issue? anyone able to help or experiencing the same? thanks!

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to tigerduck123

First, update the article in the Folio Builder panel after you edit the InDesign source files. Then, update the folio in the Folio Producer Organizer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 6:23 PM   in reply to tigerduck123

I'm currently stuck on this issue, where do I update in the folio producer organizer? I cant seem to find it.

Also when in folio producer organizer it shows the names of the articles but im only able to see one page which is a long smooth scrolling page.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to tigerduck123

and what do you do when you do that repeatedly and nothing happens!?!?! then what I have dealing with this issue for a couple weeks now

Kris

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Bob, thanks again and again. I have a strange problem with my folio builder: the article order is not the same of the ipad output preview! I update all - article/folio and in the producer i see the same order. Only in the ipad version is different. (if in the builder i have article 1/2/3 in the ipad i have 1/3/2. I do not understand the problem.

Any ideas?

Really many thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to Folobo

Delete it and redownload.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

I do it! Never change: the same problem! Any ideas? Cache server or what?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to Folobo

Have you used the folio builder panel update in the floyout menu after you changed the InDesign files? Is this a published or unpublished folio? When you preview the content using the desktop preview tool does has it been updated? Can you use the USB preview function to view the content on device and is it correct?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points