Skip navigation
waywest
Currently Being Moderated

How to shift Acrobat Pro X to new Mac?

May 17, 2012 10:47 AM

Tags: #acrobat #adobe #pro #mac #download #reinstall #my

Given that there's no Mac trial version of Acrobat Pro X and all the online version updates require you start with 10.0, how do I shift using my previously purchased version to my new Mac from my old Mac? Downloads section of My Adobe seems to offer no way for me to re-download it from there, though it reflects that I own a registered version. So how to I do this?

TIA,

waywest

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to waywest

You can request a platform swap by following the steps listed at Order product | Platform, language swap - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platfo rm-language-swap.html.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to waywest

Hi Jeff, just have a doubt ....Why have you suggested the platform swap to waywest in this situation.

He want to transfer the software from one Mac to Other , not from Mac to windows.. !!!!!

If I get the OP right , he is looking for the download link of Acrobat X for Mac, If you have placed the Platform swap order then you will get the windows copy not the Mac copy.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to waywest

My apologies yes just install the software on your new Macintosh.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to waywest

Did you purchase the software previously on a DVD?  It would appear that you must have since it is not showing up under My Orders.  You will need to contact the support team to obtain replacement media if this is the case.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 8:20 PM   in reply to waywest

Jeff please read this,  I am not sure if I am right ...please correct me if I am wrong.

@ waywest

let me tell few things , I dont remember the process exactly but Jeff may be knowing it.

When you order the platform swap your previous serial number is Cancelled (Cannot be used again) ...So if you have ordered the platform swap , your Mac serial number has been cancelled by support , so if in any case you get the replacement disc , it will not work becuase of the invalid serial number.

So first of all contact support , cancel your platform swap order and let them know you did by mistake and get the fresh new serial number for your Mac (right away dont  wait for them to send you or something like that) once you have it , then order the replacement disc.

if you order gets processed then remember my friend that the platform swap can only be ordered for once , hence you cannot goahead and swap to Mac, please get this rectified at the first place.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

Manish I don't believe the process is quite that quick and Waywest is mainly looking to find the installation files I believe and install it on his new Macintosh.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff , I am more concerned regarding the serial number , if it has been cancelled then the installation media is of no use.

Westway , contact the Adobe Support if in case you dont get any response within 2-3 days to make sure.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 9:25 AM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

Waywest I closed your request for SWAP and have verified your serial number is still valid.  My apologies for the confusion lots of traffic to the forum with the launch of CS6 and then Creative Cloud.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points