Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

My files are not displaying under Remote view

May 13, 2012 12:04 PM

I am using Macromedia 7.0 to build my web site. I have defined the Site under Site | Manage Sites | New. Before finishing, I tested my settings and DW reported that I was able to successfully connect to the server.  

I then clicked on "Connect to Remote Host" and got the error message "Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server time. The Select Newer and Synchronize commands will not be avialable." I then click on OK. The Files pane on the right | Files tab displays nothing when I have Remote view select (it shows all of the files when I have Local view selected). However, I know that all of my local files are on the server. Why aren't they displaying?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to jmt111

Are you pointing to the proper folder on your Remote server?  Example, WWW or public_html or htdocs...

Can you connect to your remote server using a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla or Cute FTP?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 2:28 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

There is no problem connecting to the remote server - just my folder of files for each site on my own computer. I have extra files in my local folders which I don't want uploaded plus I don't want to download all the files from the server and overwrite what is in my local folder.  Everything is perfectly normal in 5.5.  New 6 just won't display all my files.  I get a long box of blank files which I can scroll through but not see any of them or click on any of them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to Mark Quarmby

Which OS?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 2:24 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

10.7.4 - the very latest

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 1:35 PM   in reply to jmt111

I have no idea why my comments are appearing on this thread when they were written on a completely different thread.  Obviously Dreamweaver CS6 is not the only Adobe product with serious problems!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points