Skip navigation
carankin
Currently Being Moderated

Images fuzzy when converted to PDF

May 18, 2012 1:58 PM

Tags: #word #pdf #html #fuzzy_images

I've been Googling and reading through the Adobe forum for hours, but I haven't been able to solve my image problem...and I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I'm trying to create an electronic invoice with our logo at the top, but whenever I save my file as a PDF, the image gets really fuzzy and pixelated. Our invoices are created through an online system, so it's actually an HTML file that I'd like to convert. Our logo is a vector image created in Illustrator at 300dpi, and I've tried saving it out as a jpg, png, for Microsoft, at full size, at the actual print size, etc. I've tried opening the HTML file in Word (where everything looks great), but as soon as I save it as a PDF, the fuzziness is there. I've tried creating the PDF directly in Acrobat Pro from the HTML file, and the fuzziness is there. I've changed the Conversion Settings in Word to "Press Quality", and I've tried using the PDF Optimizer tool in Acrobat that I saw suggested in the forums. None of these steps have made a bit of difference, and I can't figure out what's going on. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate your help...thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to carankin

By converting to JPeg or other bitmap format, you remove all of the advantage of the vector format. You might be able to use a SVG format in the HTML and convert that as a vector format in the PDF. As for the bitmap form, it depends on the job settings that you have used. I am assuming you are using the Standard, which is the default. Try the Print or Press options to see if you get any improvement. If you can print from the application, rather than creating a PDF, you might get better results.You might also try to open the HTML file directly in Acrobat for the conversion to PDF. Maybe this collection of options and thoughts might bring you some resolution.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points