Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

TOC using auto-generate TOC function in RH - wierd XREFs

Sep 16, 2009 7:30 AM

I am using TSC2 on an XP machine.

I linked a FM file (not a book) and then used TOOLS, Auto-Create TOC. It does that just fine... but there are some topics named in the TOC as follows:

XREF_1234_1.0_Name of Topic

When I look at the project manager, although these are not topics, they are listed below the topics (sort of greyed out)

When I go to that topic, there is a little flag icon which says its a bookmark. If I delete the flag icon then the topic names correctly... what am I deleting? What are those bookmarks? Is that a setting I can change somewhere?

TIA,

Adriana

Replies
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 16, 2009 8:13 AM   in reply to adrianaharper

Hi Adriana.

These bookmarks are being created because of something in your FM file. They could be bookmarks or some other element. Deleting them won't delete any content apart from the TOC entry so you are OK there. You can prevent having these by either removing the element from the FM file or manually creating the TOC. If the former, I can't say for sure what causes them without knowing more about your FM file.

Read the RoboColum(n).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 16, 2009 8:26 AM   in reply to adrianaharper

You should be able to control them when you link the FM file to RH -

there's an "Edit FrameMaker settings" button that pulls in all the FM

paragraph, character tags, markers, etc. for you to bring over or not.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2012 2:51 PM   in reply to adrianaharper

I'm seeing the same thing in my projects. The bookmarks are created from xrefs, such as between numbered steps, or if there are any vestiges of xrefs not pointing to anything. If you delete the bookmarks in RH, you get a message that the topic was edited outside of robohelp and you are prompted to confirm discarding the changes. I am unable to delete the xref topic in the topics pane. If I drag the topic over to the TOC manually, it does not bring along the oddly named topic.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points