Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC using auto-generate TOC function in RH - wierd XREFs

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using TSC2 on an XP machine.

I linked a FM file (not a book) and then used TOOLS, Auto-Create TOC. It does that just fine... but there are some topics named in the TOC as follows:

XREF_1234_1.0_Name of Topic

When I look at the project manager, although these are not topics, they are listed below the topics (sort of greyed out)

When I go to that topic, there is a little flag icon which says its a bookmark. If I delete the flag icon then the topic names correctly... what am I deleting? What are those bookmarks? Is that a setting I can change somewhere?

TIA,

Adriana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adriana.

These bookmarks are being created because of something in your FM file. They could be bookmarks or some other element. Deleting them won't delete any content apart from the TOC entry so you are OK there. You can prevent having these by either removing the element from the FM file or manually creating the TOC. If the former, I can't say for sure what causes them without knowing more about your FM file.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Is it possible that they are index markers? I have those all over in my FM files to generate my index. If so-- can I set the RH style settings to somehow pass over those or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to control them when you link the FM file to RH -

there's an "Edit FrameMaker settings" button that pulls in all the FM

paragraph, character tags, markers, etc. for you to bring over or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can't seem to find any settings that will allow me to control the markers from the FM doc, but if I just manually edit it, I can get rid of the odd references and control all the other settings under "STYLE SETTINGS".

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm seeing the same thing in my projects. The bookmarks are created from xrefs, such as between numbered steps, or if there are any vestiges of xrefs not pointing to anything. If you delete the bookmarks in RH, you get a message that the topic was edited outside of robohelp and you are prompted to confirm discarding the changes. I am unable to delete the xref topic in the topics pane. If I drag the topic over to the TOC manually, it does not bring along the oddly named topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp