• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with installing LR4 download version

New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please help me with this crazy problem.

I have bought LR4 and downloaded it, when I try installing it I keep on getting an errror saying ''An error occured while trying to extract files, check avaliable disk space and write  to destination folder".

I have enough Hdd space and Windows 7 version is up to date.  When I run a program compatibility on LR4 it says that it has found that Lightroom_4_LS11 is an incompatible application.

How can this be? Can anyone Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to extract the installer files too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the downloaded file on my desktop. when I try extracting it the first option it gives is to the desktop. If I try moving it to my Abode file in Program Files (x86) Win 7 it gives the same Error massage "trying to ectraci files, check avaliable disk space and write ti destination folder". I have Elements 10 and photoshop in that file aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expected behavior please download the install files to the default location of your User folder. Once the download is complete you can then launch the installer to install the application to your Program Files folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the quick reply, I have done as you explained and I get the same Error massage when I trying to install. I also tried using the Setup 32 file and I get a msg " Error Reading Setup Initialising File".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KammndantHVS to confirm you are trying to download the trial of Photoshop Lightroom 4 and install it on your Windows 7 computer correct?  If you are receiving errors while trying to initiate setup my first recommendation would be to delete the files you downloaded and try again.  This time perhaps use a different web browser?

Since the trial does not use the Adobe Download Assistant it is not checked after the download is complete to verify there was no problems with the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have bought the full online version of Lightroom 4 and downloaded it to my Windows 7 laptop. Google Chrome kept on interupting the download at random times and after 4 attempts I used the latest version of Firefox. It downloaded with no problem untill I try and initiate setup. I get the Error massage ''Trying to extract files, check avaliable disk space and contact your administrator and write privilages on the destination folder".

I have downloaded a second time with Firefox an I get the same error massage. Right clicking on the file and allowing the installation file to run as Administrator does the same aswell as right clicking the destination folder.

I have right clicked on the  Lightroom_4_LS11 file that was downloaded and went to properties, sharing and advanvced sharing I allowed permissions for LR4 and went to Security folder and allowed special permisions to have full control and still I get the same error massage.

The Adobe Download Assistant is inconsistant and does gives me errors when I try and use it. It did not even pop up when I download it from the link when I bought it. Firefox's downloading manager is the fastest and most consistant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you are either having difficulties with your Internet connection or security software.  I would recommend first trying to temporarily disabing your security software.  If you continue to have difficulties then try an alternate Internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried disabling the security software and an alternate connection, I still end up with the same problem. Is there anything else that can be done before I pull out all my hair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I change to the Disk Version after I have purchased the online version of LR4?

There seems to be a problem with downloading LR4, a flatmate of mine bought LR4 online and downloaded it from the same network last month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can contact our support team to request replacement media.  We only charge for the DVD and the shipping costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines