• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CS6 won't open my project, gives error message.

New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere CS6 is saying "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened.  No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."  The project is all .SWF files and it was working just fine.  It all of a sudden started this.  How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the only suggestion I can think of is to not use SWF files.  They're meant for final delivery, not editing.  You start with real video, and end up with SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What project settings are you using? Did you change them in any way, or customize them, before you had this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't change any settings.  Importing and exporting the files the same dimensions and framerate as they are.

It may be a glitch.  I restarted my computer and retryed a few times and it did eventually open back up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK -- good -- sometimes glitches happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same message. And I didn't do anything to the project but edit it, save then reopened it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like we officially found a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay now I'm missing my Sequence Presets...the only thing I did do was update Adobe Media Encoder to 6.01.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay its working again.  After restarting the computer then when I opened the program it prompt me to log into Adobe Cloud.  I exited then restarted about 2-3 times the project opened.  This needs to be fixed.  How do I report a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my project is open, at the bottom of the screen it says "All media loaded" but my program monitor has a yellow screen saying "Media Pending".  Its been like this for 5 minutes, I tried clicking on the footage, I can hear the audio but not the image.  I'm going to do another restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect Flash is hanging on your machine & is in turn triggering hangs with the media in your project.  A restart will probably put it back on its feet, but I'm not sure why it's periodically dying.  Are you using Flash in another application, possibly in a browser? (I noticed you have Firefox running in tandem in your screenshot.)

I really suggest using something other than SWF files as source material.  You might want to consider transcoding these files into something more suitable for editing (assuming that you can't get the original camera media).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Production Premium CS6 since it came out and I am experiencing the same major problems with Premiere Pro. 3 of the projects I was working on in CS5.5 all experience randomly the problems mentioned above. However, I don't use any Flash related material. It's all RED 4K, Canon 5D and HD material.

Projects open work perfectly in CS5.5, but CS6 randomly shows media pending errors and media will not be fully loaded according to the status bar. And sometimes magically it does after a few restarts. I am running a 24 core, 64GB RAM system, so it can't be that.

It's driving me insane actually, since I really need to use SpeedGrade with my material. Please advice.

Thank you in advance,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere CS6 is saying "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened.  No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type.  I just received this error message, this morning.

What I found interesting is that no project that I had worked on in CS6 (or their backups) would open (a little scary).

There was a person who previously had a this issue, he created a new project and saved it, and that sequence allowed him to open his other projects.

I followed his suggestion and when I saved the new project, the message screen appeared prompting me to sign into the Cloud.

I was then able to open all my projects.  This is an undocumented feature, that I hope will be addressed SOON ! ! !  In my research, it appears that it has been around since May.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. My CS6 project could not open anymore. I got the message ""This project contained a sequence that could not be opened.  No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

Workaround that worked for me:

1. Create a new project
  2. Create a new sequence
  3. You get a message that the software is running in trial mode
  4. Klik on "Register" and sign in with you Adobe ID
  5. Restart Premiere
  6. Now my project can open again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the solution. It appears this a Creative Cloud Issue. Very simple fix:

Solution 1: Deactivate, and then reactivate Adobe Premiere Pro   

•     
      Launch Adobe Premiere Pro by clicking the application icon. Do not attempt to load a project file.   

•     
      Choose New Project, then create a project. The settings you choose in this step are not important. Launch Adobe Premiere Pro so that the Help menu is available. 

•     
      Choose Help > Deactivate. Then on the Deactivate, screen click the Deactivate button. 

•     
      Launch Adobe Premiere Pro as you did in Step 1. 

•     
      On the Sign In Required screen, click the Sign in button.  

•     
      If prompted, sign in with your Adobe ID. The full list of sequence presets is reinitialized. 

•     
      Open the project the generated the error to ensure that it opens correctly. If you are still unable to open your project, contact Adobe Technical Support. 

Solution 2: Re-create the Adobe Premiere Pro preferences and plug-in cache   

•     
      Get ready to press the Alt (Option) + Shift keys simultaneously. 

•     
      Launch Adobe Premiere Pro by clicking the application icon, and immediately press and hold the Alt (Option) + Shift keys. 

•      Continue to hold the Alt (Option) + Shift keys down until you see the Welcome Screen.

Note: If the preferences have been reset successfully, the Recent Projects area of the welcome screen will be blank.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/missing-sequence-presets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines