• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe air iOS touch problem

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my air projects I am using MouseEvents (MouseEvent.CLICK)  for touch functions.

It is working well on Android devices but, it is not working on iOS devices properly.

here are the videos for Android and iOS:

android: http://youtu.be/ccWdsoqCY80

ios    : http://youtu.be/5NERQbO7DJM

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forwarded to the iOS team for their review.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@berkCakir

Hi,

What is the renderMode in your application - GPU or CPU? Could you please compile a small project that can demonstrate the bug and send it to me at sanika@adobe.com?

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Air 3.1, currently all work prefect.

I use GPU mode, iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 4.3.3

MouseEvent.CLICK work prefect it you add this string Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.TOUCH_POINT; to your init class. Because by default in iOS used gestures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm seeing the same problem with MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP. Rendermode is set to auto, and I'm using the AIR 3.2 RC compiler.

Looks like the iOS stuff is getting confused about Z-ordering. If I have a movie clip on top of another movie clip, sometimes tapping will send the mouse event to the clip underneath the one that should be getting the event. For example, I have a big "PAUSE" movieclip that covers the entire screen, and tapping on it (i.e. the MOUSE_UP event) will dismiss it. If I tap on it, it won't get mouse-events, sometimes requiring a half-dozen taps. Meanwhile the stuff underneath the pause movieclip will receive the events.

Note that I am only seeing this on iOS. Android and Desktop are working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide sample code so I can test. Because all that you said - don't work for me.

also dont hesitate to use MovieClip.mouseChildren = false for included MCs to eachothers and MovieClip.mouseEnabled=false if you don't want affect MouseEvents for MCs.

Also for MobileDevices better use TouchEvent.TOUCH_TAP rather MouseEvent.CLICK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Berk,

Can you please send a small application which can help us reproduce the bug and also please specify what renderMode you are using?Or you can log the bug with the bug files at bugbase.adobe.com .

Thanks,

Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever get resolved?  I have an app waiting to go to the app store right now but I can't release it until I get this figured out.  I'm noticing that the MouseEvent firing isn't consistent.  The ActionBar is the problem area for me.  My application is using RobotLegs and FB 4.6 (MXML based app)  but I don't think that has anything to do with my issue.

Here are my trace statements from testing which actions get fired and if the action I am trying to take was successful or not.

1 - Works

mouseOver

mouseDown

focusIn

buttonDown

click

mouseOut

touchTap

2 - Works

mouseOver

mouseDown

focusIn

buttonDown

click

mouseOut

touchTap

3 - Works

mouseOver

mouseDown

focusIn

buttonDown

click

mouseOut

touchTap

4 - nothing happening, no click or touchTap event

mouseOver

mouseDown

focusIn

buttonDown

mouseOut

5 - nothing happening, no click or touchTap event

mouseOver

mouseDown

buttonDown

mouseOut

6 - nothing happening, no click or touchTap event

mouseOver

mouseDown

buttonDown

mouseOut

7 - Working, repeated actionbar clicks

mouseOver

mouseDown

buttonDown

click

mouseOut

touchTap

Partial code block:

<s:navigationContent>

<s:Button id="btnList" skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.BeveledActionButtonSkin" includeIn="map" width="40" height="40"

click="trace('click');dispatchEvent(event);"

touchTap="trace('touchTap')"

buttonDown="trace('buttonDown')"

focusIn="trace('focusIn')"

focusOut="trace('focusOut')"

mouseDown="trace('mouseDown')"

mouseOut="trace('mouseOut')"

mouseOver="trace('mouseOver')">

<s:icon>

<fxg:iconList width="17" height="17" />

</s:icon>

</s:Button>

</s:navigationContent>

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, the TouchEvent.TOUCH_TAP doesn't solve the issue we are having.

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markus ,

I am unable to reproduce this issue(with the provided code here on ios 4.3.5 and 5.1) with 3.2 build but I'll suggest you to use the latest build 3.3 available at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air3-3.html . If you still face the issue then please let us know .

-Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching out to 3.2 RC and 3.3 Beta now.  I will let you know what I find.  Where can I find the tbz2 version of AIR 3.3 beta or is it not necessary to have now?

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nimisha1,

What are the steps to install the AIR 3.3 SDK on a Mac?  The usual overlay method isn't available because AIR 3.3 is a DMG file instead of a regular jar. 

Thanks again for your help!

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markus,

You should be able to use the ditto (ditto source destination) command after mounting the dmg:

ditto /Volumes/AIR\ SDK/ path/to/flex/sdk

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work using rsync. MouseEvents are still slow to respond after a

2 or 3 clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markus,

Which ipa target are you using and what is the device and iOS version ?

-Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both the Flash Builder 4.6 release build and the ADT ipa-debug-interpreter using the following SDKs

FB 4.6.0 AIR SDK 3.1 - came with 4.6

3.2 RC

3.3 Beta - I was expecting to see MouseEvent.RELEASE_OUTSIDE here but it was not available to me.

The command I used to overlay my original FB 4.6.0 AIR sdk is:

rsync -avz /Volumes/AIR\ SDK/ AIR3.3_4.6.0/

The device SDKs used to test with are:

iPod Touch 4 generation - iOS 5.1.1

iPad 2 HD - iOS 5.1.1

iPhone 4 - iOS 5.1.1

iPhone 4S - iOS 5.1.1

Sample Build script:

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.6/sdks/4.6.0/bin/adt -package -target ipa-debug-interpreter -provisioning-profile /Users/markusmcgee/Applications/SolsticeConsulting/BSPN_Mobile/BSPNMobileApp/provisioning/XXXX.mobileprovision -storetype pkcs12 -keystore /Users/markusmcgee/Applications/SolsticeConsulting/BSPN_Mobile/BSPNMobileApp/provisioning/Certificates.p12 -storepass XXXX BSPNMobileApp.ipa BSPNMobileApp-app.xml BSPNMobileApp.swf com/bspn/assets/icons -extdir /Users/markusmcgee/Applications/SolsticeConsulting/BSPN_Mobile/BSPNMobileApp/libs/bin/ane -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk/

XCode Version 4.3.2 (4E2002)

I'm also using an ad hoc distribution provisioning profile for testing.

I did notice an extreme change in performance using AIR 3.3 Beta but my issue is the same as the original thread.  It seems like doing any type of navigator push pop view kills the MouseEvent.CLICK and TouchEvent.TOUCH_TAP event ( have tried both in testing and the result is the same as the vidoes in this thread ).

If you need any more information let me know.

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this issue?  I found out avoiding navigator.popView (replaced with a pushView, all views must remember how to open from previous state after gb collection) makes a world of difference in my application.  The button lagginess is still there but not as much as before.

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markus,

Can you please log a bug at https://bugbase.adobe.com  and share the bug number with us ?Also please provide a sample application (with sources) which can reproduce the issue .

-Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the outcome of this?  I had issues with MouseEvent.CLICK.  I've switched to TouchEvent.TOUCH_TAP but would like to use GestureEvents instead.

Thus, I believe I need to rely on MouseEvents once again for tapping standard buttons.

Any progress made on this bug?  Do we have a bug number?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't file a bug with this.

What I had to do was go back over my code with a fine tooth comb. And

double make sure I went over the best practices and optimization for AIR

Mobile. There are best practices floating around in a power point format

to use. Also, Michael Labriola from Digital Primates did a talk or power

point on what we should be doing in code from an optimization stand point.

All of this helped out a lot and seemed to fix my button press actions. If

I remember correctly my button press actions didn't get resolved until I

played with opaque backgrounds specifically though. This is covered in the

best practices for Adobe AIR for Mobile too.

Hope this helps. If I can think of anything else I will respond to this

blog.

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I would like to test out MouseEvent.RELEASE_OUTSIDE but can't seem to find it.  I'm wondering if my overlay worked or if RELEASE_OUTSIDE is not available in Flash Builder 4.6.  It would seem strange that it's only available in Flash CS 5.5 or 6.

Any thoughts on this?

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines