• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolve installed Flash player not excuted for all the Vista users on my PC?

May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows Vista 32-bits system.

I have created 2 admin and 2 standard users.

Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) 32 bit is installed but also Chrome and Firfox are used.

For 1 admin user Flash works fine when accessing a site in IE9 that requires Flash.

For the other users, including the admin user, IE9 must be run "as adminstrator" by specifically choosing that option.

If not run "as administrator" IE9 states that Flash needs to be installed. That either leeds to Flash player not being installed (error is that it is already installed) or that after a succesful installation the problem simply occurs again (and again and again ...)

I want the standard users on the pc to be able to navigate to trusted sites without running IE9 in "as adminstrator" mode.

What do I need to do?

Can I set Adobe Flash player to be available for all the users for Vista and IE9?

Do I need to alter registry settings manually?

If yes - how and which?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try the steps listed in this FAQ to see if they help resolve this problem?

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it does not resolve the problem.

Other users (including the other system administrator) still need to run IE as administrator.

When in my sysadmin account the shortcuts for other users to a URL requiring Flash and using IE9 execute fine GRRRRRRR.

This is very frustrating.

On my pc Chrome aand Modzilla have no problems.

The childrens protective software I have however is based on IE.

Do you have any more suggestions?

My alternative is to downgrade IE9 to IE8 or 7 but that is also not an easy exercise ...

Thanks in advance for any input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When running IE9 under a non-admin account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

yes

Besides why does it also have the same problem when running under the other admin account?

Thanks for your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can think of that it may be a permission problem.  But you already went through the SubInACL process, without success.  Did you run that SubInACL procedure from the "good" admin account (where Flash Player works)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I'll retry that and let you know the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines