Skip navigation
dencart2
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver freezes whendownloading a page for editing.

Apr 18, 2012 12:53 PM

When I try to download a pagein DW for editing from my website, DW will not display the page. It indicates that all the essential files are downloading, but when it get to the place where I would expect to get a display of the page in design view, it just spins. The only thing I can do then is force close the program. Help! The website is www.enonumc.com 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 6:38 AM   in reply to dencart2

Hi Dennis -

I notice a few anomalies in your code which may be relevant.

In several places you have links to targets which are one level above the root folder on your server.

(wherever the link path starts with ../ )

Most hosts will not allow access to folders and files above the server root, so perhaps your FTP transfer is stalling DW in the attempt to access these files

For instance on your home page:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="../enonumc.css" type="text/css" />

<script src="../Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

var MenuBar1 = new Spry.Widget.MenuBar("MenuBar1", {imgDown:"../LoveGrowsHere/images/SpryMenuBarDownHover.gif", imgRight:"../LoveGrowsHere/images/SpryMenuBarRightHover.gif"});

//-->

</script>

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to dencart2

Instructions to clear cache: http://webstunning.com/dreamweaver-cache/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2012 7:12 AM   in reply to dencart2

I found pages wouldn't display in Live View other than when I had just quit DW CS5.5 and rebooted it. I suspected the 'Use FTP performance optimisation' option at first, but in fact that works well for me. The problem disappeared when I went to Site>>Manage sites>>[Select current site]>>Edit...>>Advanced Settings (left panel)>>Local Info>>UNCHECK Enable Cache. I have no idea why, but everything works as expected now. Before, there would be the blue/grey barber's pole display rotating away at the bottom right of the design window and nothing but a white screen displayed. No cache, no problems.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points