Skip navigation
Tom Blizzard 133 posts
Oct 23, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Ae Error message:  unable to allocate space for a 2045 x2045.....image buffer.

May 17, 2012 9:17 AM

I'm new to Ae.  This is a widely discussed error message going back to CS3.  I've watched tutorials, video suggestions on Youtube, Video Co-Pilot, Adobe forums and the Ae help site. Even searched this forum.

How do I lower the resolution of my Ae comp so it will render???  I've tried all the setting(s) suggestions. Even lowered  the resolution of my asset imports.  Help please.

Using Cs6, i7 w/16 gig ram

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Tom Blizzard

You can reduce resolution in your render settings. Won't probably do you any good, though. That error is probably caused by some effect you are using that expands the footage pixels way beyond the original dimensions. blurs and glows are good candidates for that. so unless you find the culprit, it's possible it will never render. And of course check your OpenGL settings and turn it off by setting your comp viewer to Final Quality to avoid potential iisues there.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to Tom Blizzard

It seems you have a beefy enough machine to handle and image buffer of that resolution, but that resolution may be an issue in another way. Are you using OpenGL? Have you updated your software?

You might want to consider making the source footage 2048x2048. It will digest better mathematically.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to Tom Blizzard

Provide a screenshot of the Memory & Multiprocessing settings dialog box so that we can see your settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points