Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Youtube video position problem

May 19, 2012 10:55 AM

Its hard to explain in words so I've uploaded a pic of it:

http://s8.postimage.org/ldxabvubn/New_Picture.png

As you can see the video is cropped/moved(?) to the right side. It only happened twice during this week and although it happens rarely, I feel this is not normal.

Here's my specs:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

- FireFox 12.0

- Flash player 11.2.202.235

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2012 7:35 PM   in reply to Kanade_

Please post images directly here in the forum, using the camera icon in the forum editor.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 11:54 PM   in reply to Kanade_

Sorry, I am not going to click on a link to a dubious 3rd-party server.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 11:16 PM   in reply to Kanade_

I'm still waiting for you to post your screenshot here in the forum; you just reporsted the same link as before.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 2:49 AM   in reply to Kanade_

Thank you; this time the image is embedded in your post.

Unfortunately I have to leave right away; hopefully someone else can take up your problem for now.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 23, 2012 12:56 AM   in reply to Kanade_

That's odd.  Have you ever seen this occur with another browser?  Any site other than YouTube?  If not, you might want to also post on the YouTube forum to see if they've encountered it.

I'll ask one of our Firefox experts if they've seen this before.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 25, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to Kanade_

I'm sorry you're not getting very far.  Don't give up though, just try to explain your issue (with screenshots or videos) and hopefully someone will be able to help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to Kanade_

Can you try to clear the browser caches of all your browsers; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1011139

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 12:59 AM   in reply to Kanade_

Hi Kanade,

I have been experiencing this issue myself for a few weeks on my PC, and generally ripping my hair out over not being able to see videos scaled properly - an absolute hassle for watching Diablo III streams on twitch.tv, so you're not alone! Everything from switching browsers, deleting browser caches, and deleting and re-downloading far too many browser plugins to count.

However, I've seemed to have found a temporary solution, and I would like you to double check this for me - could you disable Hardware Acceleration on your version of Flash Player? You can do this by right-clicking any Flash video (for convenience, just any flash video will do), and click on the 'Settings...' Dialog. From there, you just uncheck the 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' box from the first tab, and then close the dialog and refresh the page/browser.

For me, it seems to have solved the issue and videos now scale correctly, and I would like to hear if it solves your problems too. I will endevour to take a couple of screenshots so Chris Campbell can pass this on to the right people!

Regards,

Siri

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 1:31 AM   in reply to h196840

Alright, here is a comparison picture I have made that shows the issue I have been having with Hardware Acceleration turned on. It's quite a large picture, but I would rather it be as accurate as possible!

http://i.imgur.com/W5kbK.jpg

As you can see, there's a fair amount of estate that's lost from having Hardware Acceleration across all sides of the picture - in this picture, it's more noticable on the top of the screen, which loses Win/Loss dialogues and some of the top profile picture on MVC3's HUD.

I'm currently using Flash Player 11.2.202.235, with the Hardware being an AMD Radeon 6850 running Catalyst Driver 12.4, known as one of the latest 'stable' driver sets (by AMD's standards, anyway!). If the staff require any more details Chris, please let me know so I can provide as much information on this as possible.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 29, 2012 5:34 PM   in reply to Kanade_

h196840 - It looks like your ATI card might be doing overscan.  Can you go into CCC and see if this is enabled?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 30, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to Kanade_

Kanade, can you disable all of your browser extensions and see if it still occurs?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 9:51 PM   in reply to Kanade_

Or restart Firefox in Safe Mode → Help | Restart with Add-ons disabled...

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 7, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to Kanade_

Do you see this happening in both window and fullscreen mode during video playback?  I gave it a try in window mode, but my screensaver (set to 1 minute) didn't come on in both Mac and Win.

With the offset problem, if you right click in the black area do you see Flash Player's context menu or the browsers?

You might want to try creating a new, temporary user account to see if you run into either of these problems. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to Kanade_

This screams hardware acceleration. 

First, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card installed.

1.) Try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Flash Player.  Details are the Solve Video Problems section, here:  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

2.) If the issue persists, please disable Hardware Acceleration in Firefox:

Click the orange Firefox button

Click Options

Under General, uncheck Use hardware acceleration where available

3.) Attach the output of dxdiag.exe

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to Kanade_

I'm also having this problem ant it's really bugging me...

I'm not sure if this helps but it seems related to the zoom of the browser and the size of the video (the shrink/expand/fullscreen buttons).

if i have zoom at 100% and the size at shrink the problem isn't there, but then the video is tiny...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2012 4:45 PM   in reply to Kanade_

I'm not clear on what was causing the problem. 

Can you give me a clear description of what settings you modified (and what browser you're using), so that I can turn it into an actionable bug?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points