Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
artphotojenpal
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 and 7.1 Raw update

May 20, 2012 8:47 AM

Tags: #raw #nikon_d4

Downloaded CS6 and updated to 7.1 Raw.  I am still unable to view NEF images from my Nikon D4.  Using XP, and very frustrated as I have been working on this for two days.  Please help, thx

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 20, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to artphotojenpal

UI assume you've done the basic stuff, like making sure you're actually running the 7.1 Camera Raw software and don't have an older plug-in file somewhere being found by your system.

How do you bring your raw files from your camera into your computer?  I ask because there have been several posts of late where people are having their NEF files altered by transferring them into the computer through an older package ("Nikon Transfer"?).

Look at the first couple of pages of posts on the forum here for others having problems with e.g., D800s.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 20, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to artphotojenpal

Yes, but some of us helpful non-Adobe types are here.

Specifically, in Photoshop, go into the Help menu and choose About Plug-in, slide over to the right, and choose Camera Raw.  What version does that show?  Is there only one of them in the list?

I don't know how you've managed to get several versions of Camera Raw installed on your system, but your mention of the Program Files folder is disturbing.  Did you copy the Camera Raw.8bi file yourself?  If so, I suspect you copied it to the wrong place.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to artphotojenpal

The download for ACR 7.1 is a ZIP of an executable that you need to run to install everything from. 

Move the zip out of your plug-ins folder and unzip the contents to a folder you create for the purpose and run the patcher program that you see, there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points