Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where did my Popcorn Points and Meatballs go?!?

May 18, 2012 9:46 AM

Tags: #points

I no longer see any points or red rectangles assocated with my adobe profile on this forum. What gives? Am I being shallow for asking?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to PrepressPro1

the latest CS down-grade included the forums skins...(and some of the lost functionality is just, well, collateral damage).

apparently the popcorn/meatballs are coming back...soon...the engineers are working hard to meet the users demands as usual.

|
    Mark as:
  • Mathias17
    451 posts
    Feb 20, 2012
    May 18, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to PrepressPro1

No, I want my Swedish Meatballs back, too. Starving.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to CarlosCanto

Another thing that has gone wrong is that you can no longer see who is replying to whom unless a quote has been included.

I couldn't care less about the popcorn but it's useful in to-and-fro banter to know who is responding to which message. Definitely needs fixing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to CarlosCanto

PrepressPro1, this may look like a response to your post, but I actually clicked on Carlos's Reply button, which you only know because I tell you so. I could tell you that I'm referring to post number 1, but there's no number to go by, so you couldn't find it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to tromboniator

I saw value in the post count, as a potential indication of skill level and thus an indication of how detailed an answer was needed.  The other stuff was mostly just fluff.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to PrepressPro1

Well the meatballs and popcorn points are meaningless without the popcorn!

What  good are they if you don't some free popcorn?

I agree seeing who the reply was made to is sueful in a community conversation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 2:25 PM   in reply to PrepressPro1

PrepressPro, and others,

Here you can see (most of) the issues that have been reported. A few of them should be changed to the usual way of working next Thursday, provided the sun will rise over there.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999431?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

why wouldn't it rise? is not December 22 yet.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to CarlosCanto

My thoughts exactly, Carlos.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 3:03 PM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Hi Jacob. Good someone hopes to mend this mess.

I still don't understand why they had to make a willocks of something that didn't need changing in the first place.

The legibility is much worse than it was, the letter font is horrible and I hate cyan on grey (not to mention grey on grey).

And please stop asking "Was this helpful?"

If it were helpful you would probably reply with a 'thank you' to the helper anyway. And if it wasn't, you wouldn't, so why the buttons?

Keep our fingers crossed for Thursday and hope we don't get "Owing to circumstances beyond our control, Thursday will not take place.".

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 3:25 PM   in reply to PrepressPro1

PrepressPro1 wrote:

I think I should mark CarlosCanto's answer as the correct one.

yey!! popcorn!! wait...doesn't matter anymore

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to Steve Fairbairn

Steve, Thursday we'll see a big announcement, something like...."we listened to all your concerns and worked round the clock...here are the first two fixes" and those two will be 2 random fixes...other than the 24 listed in the post above.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

End of the world.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to PrepressPro1

You seem to be working on the answer, Carlos.

Hi Steve.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 4:02 PM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Carlos is right if they don't get this done by December 12, 2012 that's it no more we are all out of here!

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 2:58 AM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

Wade: Just testing to see what happens when I press "No" in response to "Was this helpful?". I get "Thanks for your feedback". What do you get?

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to Steve Fairbairn

Since they seem to have forgotten to give us most of the settings and filters (view threaded, sort by most helpful...) I imagine those clicks fall into a box at Jive HQ right next to the box that holds all our criticisms.  I gave you a "helpful." Any sign at your end? (and it appears that I can vote twice!)

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to Jesseham

Jesseham: Nope. Nothing this end. And the "Thanks for your feedback" that I got for marking Wade's as not helpful has now gone down the memory hole. Either Big Brother is watching us (because he hasn't got anything else more useful to do) or else the Yes No buttons do nothing at all. I gave you a Helpful and got a "Thanks for your feedback" which seems to remain there until I move elsewhere. When I get back here it is as if nothing ever happened. Spooky.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    May 20, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to Steve Fairbairn

Wade, will you stop being unhelpful?

Big brother.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 12:41 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Wade, will you stop being unhelpful?

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 4:29 PM   in reply to CarlosCanto

Carlos: I marked yours as Helpful, so now laughing at people who ask people to stop being unhelpful is helpful.

Or something in that direction. Let's try to tie Big Brother in knots.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 6:56 PM   in reply to CarlosCanto

CarlosCanto wrote:

…the engineers are working hard to meet the users demands as usual.

So, not gonna happen. Fine with it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to Steve Fairbairn

thanks Steve, sorry I couldn't help it, I thought it was a good joke..

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 9:21 PM   in reply to Scott Falkner

Scott Falkner wrote:

CarlosCanto wrote:

…the engineers are working hard to meet the users demands as usual.

So, not gonna happen. Fine with it.

that's exactly what I meant

...sarcasm aside, at least the date you joined and the number of posts, and the "in reply to..." are really coming back soon. Someone (assuming an employee) posted a screen shot in the forum comments, he says "if everything goes right it will be back on May 24"...way before the end of the world....but really, why wouldn't it go right?...that makes me think that all the missing functionality simply "disappeared" by accident, right?...are there any web authors around here? is it really that difficult to put stuff back?..I mean, it was there before.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 2:34 AM   in reply to Steve Fairbairn

steve fairbairn wrote:

And please stop asking "Was this helpful?"

If it were helpful you would probably reply with a 'thank you' to the helper anyway. And if it wasn't, you wouldn't, so why the buttons?

I assume that the "Was this helpful?" votes have an important functionality which is not transparent to the users, otherwise it wouldn't be there. Two reasons which I think might be applicable are:

1. Answers with helpful votes get priority in the search engine, so that these answers are at the top of the list of search results

2. The "helpful answers" serve to demonstrate return on investment. The forums cost money, so Adobe needs to know how many customers are being helped by them in order to justify the investment.

I think it is evident that the new forum interface was programmed by people who have no clue about forums. What I can't understand is why it was launched in this state.  Apparently there was a beta run with some chosen community members who must have given their feedback on the most obvious bugs.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 3:24 AM   in reply to acresofgreen

I assume that the "Was this helpful?" votes have an important functionality which is not transparent to the users

If the functionality is not transparent to the users then it shouldn't be there.

I think it is evident that the new forum interface was programmed by people who have no clue about forums.

Perzackly. It wasn't broken but they still had to "mend" it just for the hell of it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:07 AM   in reply to PrepressPro1

Hi guys.

It's Thursday and they've almost unmended what they mended when it wasn't broken.

But the popcorn and meatballs ain't there yet. Reckon the chef must still be on holiday. :-)

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to Steve Fairbairn

I guess we will have to be patient.

I kind of think it is nicer not to have the points show up or the markings.

|
    Mark as:
  • Mathias17
    451 posts
    Feb 20, 2012
    May 24, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

Haha wow, look at the current forum update . . .

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to Mathias17

Well, at least the post count is back.  Man but that main page is a little small, no?

I still think the bold font is crap.  Looks very blurry here.

Screen shot 2012-05-24 at 2.06.42 PM.png

[edit] and hehe.  maybe ought to have a border around linked images.

|
    Mark as:
  • Mathias17
    451 posts
    Feb 20, 2012
    May 24, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to Jesseham

Hmm, text is crisp on my end. Windows 7 x64, Firefox.

The main page sucks. Can barely tell a visited thread apart from an unvisited/updated thread.

forum.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to Mathias17

Wow.  That bold font looks way sharper in your screenshot.  I'm on Safari (shut it.) 10.6.8.

The main page is just as hard to deciper here, but I think only for being so small.  Maybe I'm getting old.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 3:10 AM   in reply to Jesseham

Hey Jesseham, I'm also on Safari and 10.6.8 (that makes two of us!), but everything appears sharp here. Your screen shot appears blurry when inline with your message, but when I click on it to get the lightbox graphic I get the same sharpness as I see on my screen.

I'm wondering if you've zoomed in by mistake with Universal Access (see if it's on in System Preferences). Try pressing Cmd-Alt minus to zoom out.

Edited by: ja3754. Screenshot of weird main page display in Safari removed as it appears to be ok now.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 3:16 AM   in reply to ja3754

You would have thought that a company producing design software would have some decent designers on board, but apparently not.

The main page has now become totally illegible. Now everything has shrunk so it's really hard work reading the blue type.

To anyone who uses the site it's the Subject on the main page that is the most important issue. Less so the Author, number of Views, Replies etc.

Despite this it's the Subject that is the most illegible of all.

Surely the Subject should be in black and the rest of the stuff greyed (or possibly, but hopefully not, blued) down.

The basic appearance of the front page was quite all right before people started messing with it, so why on earth are they making the site more difficult to use? Beats me.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to PrepressPro1

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers