Skip navigation
ConnorMaher1994
Currently Being Moderated

CS5.5 TO CS3?

May 20, 2012 1:24 PM

I was wondering if i could make the work I have done at home on CS5.5 InDesign recognisable to CS3 InDesign so i can print off my work in college. My deadline is tomorrow so i would appreciate an answer ASAP, thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to ConnorMaher1994

I dont think you can. You can only save down from CS4 to 3 last time I read about this, but im sure you will get a more definitive answer here.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to ConnorMaher1994

The only path from CS5 or later to CS3 is to export to .idml, open that in CS4 and export to .inx which can be read in CS3. Any unsupported features, and there will be many, will be lost, and text may flow differently.

If you don't have CS5.5 and CS4 available you may send me a private message (click my name to go to my profile, tehn select private message from the actions list) with a link to your file, or I can send you an upload link for my dropbox, and I'll do the conversion for you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Peter, I received your reply to this query, but it was not mine. It was from the dude above; Connor Maher. Not sure if you sent it to him as well, but sounds like he could use the help that you offered.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 2:28 PM   in reply to SIcsempertyrannis

By default, when you respond to a thread you are automatically subscribed and will get all the responses except your own by email. If the OP is also subscribed he or she will see my answer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Kind of thought so, but just wanted to make sure bc it sounds like he could use your generous offer to help. BTW, do you ever sleep?!

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to SIcsempertyrannis

Only when my wife is talking to me.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

LOL! Whoooooo-wee! Dems fightin' words! I'm tellin'!

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

LOL :-D

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers