There are a large group of people who STILL haven't got CS6 - even though we pre-ordered and prepaid for it. I'm referring to all the people who upgraded to CS5.5 to get CS6 when it came out.
At the time of ordering Adobe said that by purchasing CS5.5 we would get CS6 'when it became available'. That was a few weeks ago now. When nothing happened we went searching and found in the FAQs that we would be able to download it 'approximately 10 days after it was released'. No reason was given for having to wait. Adobe had our money so there was no reason to not let us download it.
Now, 14 days later, and there's still nothing from Adobe. So does anyone know what is going on at Adobe.
Adobe do not seem to understand the whole concept of pre-paying or pre-ordering something. People pre-pay/pre-order so that they can get something as soon as it is available. It should put you at the front of the line when something is released - but Adobe managed to completely screw that up by taking our money up front and then putting us right to the back of the line!
And in case anyone is wondering - no, none of us wanted CS5.5. It was just a way, offered by Adobe, of upgrading to CS6.
The original FAQ for that stated that anyone buying CS5.5 would receive an email about 10 days after shipping. If you haven’t heard anything yet, the first thing to do would be look in your spam folder.
If there’s nothing there, contact Adobe.
Thanks guys - appreciate the responses, but I'd rather just download the whole CS6 Design Standard package that I have purchased than individual trials. I've read too many instances of people whose paid downloads have been messed up by having trial software installed prior.
Steve - I wasn't so much after an official Adobe comment, rather feedback from anyone who was in the same situation who had got some answers from Adobe.
I guess I'll just keep waiting.
Thanks guys - appreciate the responses, but I'd rather just download the whole CS6 Design Standard package that I have purchased than individual trials.
I was actually suggesting using the package installer, for Design standard that would be at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=design_standard&lo c=en_us
Thinking about it, though, I'm not sure if it will accept an upgrade serial number. Bob might know...
So I contacted Adobe - via livechat - to see if they could clarify what was happening.
After asking me for all the relevant details and establishing that I was eligible, all they did was copy and paste, verbatim, the section from the FAQs that said that the CS6 download would be available approximately 10 days after release. I pointed out that it was now 14 days after the release and that I had heard nothing so they changed direction and said 'don't do anything now, just wait until the end of May and an email will be sent'.
So now we have had the availability date quoted as "when CS6 is released" then "approximately 10 days after CS6 is released" then "all emails will be sent by 25 May at the latest" and now "the end of May".
So they're just making it up as they go along...
So they're just making it up as they go along...
I don't want to seem to be defending what's going on, but there are often glitches in the first weeks of distibution (Creative Cloud was delayed almost a week), and there's a pretty good chance that there were more people eligible for the upgrade than anticiapted, and probably not enough staff assigned to handling it.
Did you fill out the form to register for the upgrade? I suspect some users probably forgot, or didn't understand they needed to do that.
And I don't want to start a flaming war here, but remember, you purchased CS5.5 (even if your reason was to get a FREE upgrade), and you have CS5.5, and eventually you will receive your upgrade at no cost. This is not exactly the same thing as having pre-ordered and prepayed to purchase CS6, so you might want to tone it down a notch. Adobe was under no obligation to make this offer to you AT ALL, and the fact that you have been able to get two versions (and the use of the first one while waiting for the second to be released or delivered) for less than the cost of buying CS6 if you waited seems like a pretty darn good deal to me, even if things aren't quite on schedule.
I found this: on a similar thread, and hope that it helps.
For more details regarding the post announce upgrade please refer to:
Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-faq-direct-purch ases.html
Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from resellers, Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-assurance-faq-re seller-purchases.html
If you still have questions regarding if you qualify or not then you will want to contact our support team. For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6. Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to discuss your particular circumstances for the upgrade.
I know that 10 days are over. I'll try and find more current information and will keep you posted.
Got my "coupon" via email last Friday (the 18th). Downloaded and installed. So far, it looks great, but I haven't put it through its paces yet. Such a deal! Even though I tend to migrate everything to the latest version, I often come across a situation where a client needs something done to an ID file and it needs to stay in that version, so it's great to have as many iterations as possible, and upgrading to 5.5 with a free upgrade to 6 is fabulous!
Very much worth mentioning here is that there are two different routes here.
1. Bought directly from Adobe. If this is what you did, you shouldn't need to take any further action. Adobe should contact you with a license number and dowload directions.
2. Bought from authorized reseller. If this is the case you'll need to apply for the free upgrade and wait for approval.