Skip navigation
jblay-design
Currently Being Moderated

App rejected, content failed to load. Help!

Feb 25, 2012 4:15 PM

Okay, I was able to get two magazines up to the App Store without any problems, but the third one was not the charm. This third publication differs in that we enabled Newsstand as well as free subscriptions. I think this is where I messed up. I read that the first issue for subscriptions needs to be submitted for review at the time the app is submitted for review. I tested the dev app and the content didn't load. I assumed it was because the issue had to be approved by Apple for an in-app purchase. I submitted the app and it was rejected, because it just said "Updating Library" the preview issue never loaded. I put the product ID for the issue in Folio Producer as com.xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.free. This was the same ID i used in iTunes Connect for the subscription issue.

Now, I first built the viewer witjout Newsstand enabled, loaded the dev viewer and it pulled the content just fine. But we went back in and enabled Newsstand, loaded the dev app and it did load into Newsstand, but the content wouldn't update. What am I doing wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 25, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to jblay-design

I think the problem is that you specified a subscription Product ID for the folio in Folio Producer. This is a little confusing because Apple has you create two types of Product IDs -- one type for retail folios and one type for subscription durations. You specify the Apple Product IDs for retail folios in Folio Producer, and you specify the subscription Product IDs in Viewer Builder. In your case, your folios are free, but since you specified a Product ID that matches something on the Apple side, the viewer is probably blocking it from appearing. That's my guess. For subscription Product IDs -- both free and retail -- you specify the Product ID in Viewer Builder, not in Folio Producer.

Unpublish (remove) your folio, and then publish it again. This time, use a Product ID that doesn't match any of the Product IDs you create in iTunes Connect. Then rebuild your app and test it again. Let us know how it goes.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 25, 2012 10:40 PM   in reply to jblay-design

It makes sense that you didn't have to re-build the app because the problem was with the folio, not the app. Glad it worked out.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 27, 2012 11:41 AM   in reply to jblay-design

I think you just needed to resubmit the app. The in-app purchase was rejected, but you fixed the problem by changing the Product ID in Folio Producer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 11:15 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob, my app was rejected:

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 5.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

After purchasing the subscription, the magazine does not start to download. If the user taps on the mag, s/he is prompt to purchase the mag as a single issue.

Here are the step to reproduce the bug:

1- Launch application

2- Tap Subscribe

3- Complete purchase process

Result: The magazine is not downloaded. If the user taps on the mag, s/he is prompts to purchase the mag again.

I have three in app purchase Auto-Renewable Subscription in itunes connect:

tv.mediavista.dlatinos.mensual

tv.mediavista.dlatinos.6months

tv.mediavista.dlatinos.oneyear

And  non consumable: tv.mediavista.dlatinos.may2012

In Folio producer the product id is tv.mediavista.dlatinos.may2012

do you have an idea what could be ? Thanks !

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 11:32 PM   in reply to cmolero

A shot in the dark....

Did you enter the Shared Secret string in the app admin?

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 5:46 AM   in reply to Adi Ravid

Thanks Adi Ravid, yes i Did enter Shared  secret string in The app admin.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 21, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to cmolero

Do you offer a free folio?

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 6:02 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

No, i don't offer a free folio

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 21, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to cmolero

Apple requires a free folio.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 6:10 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Excellent !, thanks Bob !

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 8:06 AM   in reply to cmolero

I have the same problem. I have a free folio but the problem remain the same and NOBODY in Adobe, also the "gold" assistance, resolve the problem. I notice sometimes I know more things that the guys of the "gold assistance"...

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 4:14 PM   in reply to cmolero

Same issue here.

App was rejected due to the following reason:

"When the app is launched on iPad (3rd Gen), an activity indicator is displayed indefinitely and no content is loaded. We've added one or more screenshots for your reference."

(the screenshot shows the empty library screen with the "Updating Library..." indicator)

The client has 3 published folios. 1 free folio with the Product ID com.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.demo (there's no such Product ID set in iTunes Connect) and 2 retail folios with Product IDs that exactly match those set for the In-App Purchases.

In the developer app, everything runs fine. The library items are loaded and all functions perform correctly (downloading, subscription, archiving...).

Also, we didn't have this problem with previous builds (v18 and v19) which were rejected due to objectionable content. Problems started with a new build of v19 generated and submitted on May 1st.

The client wants to KILL me!!!

HELP!!!

BTW, a non-Newsstand v20 App was approved on 1st time.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 24, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to Adi Ravid

Do any of your non-rendition folios share the same Product ID? Do any of your folios have the same name?

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 8:06 AM   in reply to Adi Ravid

have you used "demo" in an ID that's been approved before? I know Apple say they will reject content that uses words like test, etc

so just a thought, could be demo that is being rejected, probably not, in facy reading your post again, I'm sure it's not ....sorry!

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 11:49 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Bob Bringhurst wrote:

Do any of your non-rendition folios share the same Product ID? Do any of your folios have the same name?

Hi Bob,

The account contains 4 folios. 3 published and 1 in the making.

All 4 folio names are different (XxxxxXxxxDemo, XxxxxXxxx20, XxxxxXxxx21, and XxxxxXxxx22).

All 4 publication names are different (XxxxxXxxx, XxxxxXxxx 20 | March 2012, XxxxxXxxx 21 | April 2012, and XxxxxXxxx 22 | May 2012).

All 4 folio numbers are different and are in Hebrew.

The Product IDs of the 3 published folios are different (com.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.demo, com.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.issue20, and com.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.issue 21).

I tested the developer app on 5 different iPads (Gen 1 to 3) and wasn't able to reproduce the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to Adi Ravid

WE have app in app store, but just now i can't show any content in this app on iPad 3 - there is plenty of published folios, two of them have iPad 3 renditions and... nothing. Adobe, what to do?

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to Adi Ravid

This just in:

App approved after removing the "|" character from the publication names and changing the folio numbers from Hebrew to English.

The official stament from apple:

Previous rejection issues RESOLVED:

2.2 - app works on iPad (3rd Gen)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points