I followed the directions on this post http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/open-collage-files-photoshop- cs5.html , but when I try to open I get the error: "No default unzip utility found. Try unzipping COLZ and use COLX file.
Am I suppose to do something spectial with that extractor file included witht the script? Thanks!
Im on Windows 7.
2 questions --
1) did you make sure to add all the files that you extracted from here into Adobe Photoshop CS6/Presets/Scripts location. On make there are two files, pretty sure it's the same on PC. Also make sure the Photoshop is closed when you're adding these files.
2) Did you open the file using the Scripts section in the file menu in Photshop? You would go File > Scripts > Import Adobe Collage. Sadly can't just open the file directly.
Let me know if any of this work, or if you need more help!
Thanks for the reply! I did everything that you stated. I tried keeping the
files in the folder they were extracted in, and also tried without. I tried
on my mac and I got the error:
Illegal argument - argument 3
-numeric value expected
Are there separate scripts for CS5 & CS6? If so could you send me a link to
the scripts for CS6? Thanks
- Do you see the Import Adobe Collage option under File > Scripts within Photoshop CS6?
- Do you get this behavior with all Collage projects or only this one?
- Can you make one of your Collage projects public and paste the link in here to see if we get the same result?
Thanks for the reply Dave. I only have two collage projects, and both are
having the same problems. I do see the "import collage" under file/scripts.
Ive tried to open them on two pc's and one mac. Here is the the link.
I got the same result with your project. I created a new project on my iPad2 and got the same result there myself. The Collage plug-in is not currently included with the other Touch app plug-ins because it is being updated. I had published the web document you were looking at, it had worked in the past. I'll remove it since it seems to exhibit this behavior now. Sorry for your frustration trying to figure this out, my fault. An updated plug-in will be added to the others that will allow you to import Collage projects sometime soon.
The option is available now through Creative Cloud, if you upload your Collage project to Creative Cloud there is an option to download in PSD format
The steps would be:
1. Upload your project to Creative Cloud from the tablet
2. Open the Creative Cloud website (https://creative.adobe.com/) on the computer with Photoshop
3. In the Files section double-click the project to view it full screen
4. Use the download option to save the file on your computer and select PSD as the format to save the project in
5. Open the PSD in Photoshop from wherever you saved it on your computer
(click to view larger)
Any idea how this works now that Creative Cloud connection is working (as a preview)? I was able to get it to work using the workaround you suggested, but I was hoping to just click on the .colz file and open it up directly on the desktop using PS.
Any new news on this?
The Creative Cloud Connection preview shouldn't actually change the workflow much here. Since the Creative Cloud website does the conversion to PSD you would still need to use it. You could use the Connection sync app to upload images to Creative Cloud website for creating collages. It would make getting images from the computer onto Creative Cloud easier for then importing into Collage.
Europe, Middle East and Africa