Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with the CS6 Master Collection disk image (invalid checksum)

May 23, 2012 6:59 AM

Tags: #mac #cs6 #trial_version #invalid_checksum

I have problems downloading the trial for CS6 Master Collection for MacOS X.

I've tried downloading using the Download Assistant, both as a privileged and an unprivileged user, and have also tried the direct download as both privileged and unprivileged. Each time I've waited until the download was complete before trying to install, but every time the disk image fails to open, complaining of an "invalid checksum".

I've tried mounting the disk image without validating the checksum, but while I can then run the installer, the installation fails due to lack of privileges – again, this is regardsless of user privileges. I've also tried deleting the preferences and cache-files for Download Assistant, but to no avail.

Can anyone confirm that the english version of the CS6 Master Collecion disk image is working and can be mounted without error on MacOS X 10.7? I have now downloaded and re-downloaded the disk image at least eight times, and while I have a fast Internet-connection, this is getting tedious.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 5:19 AM   in reply to lars.skovgaard

Could you confirm the location where you downloaded? Is it a "user" folder or a system folder (such as /Applications/)?

I've seen a few posts where the dmg is downloaded to a system folder instead of a user folder and then similar errors were reported.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to lars.skovgaard

I'm having same issue - dmg downloads okay but won't mount - i too would ask my clients to rezip...

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 12:11 PM   in reply to lars.skovgaard

I'm having the same issue. I've downloaded it twice now, getting the same error each time:

The following disk images couldn't be opened: MasterCollection_CS6_ invalid checksum

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 4:22 AM   in reply to dilibertophoto

I just downloaded the DMG from Adobe.com using the trial and it mounts fine. I was able to start the installation.

I did not get a checksum error or any other error.

CS6_masterCollectionDMG.png

However, I found these instructions in another thread:http://forums.adobe.com/message/4370247#4370247

<quote>

If the download is completed in the Adobe Download Assistant you can temporarily turn off the feature to verify the checksum.  The following steps will allow you to temporarily disable this feature:

1. Open the Disk Utility located in Applications/Utilities
    2. Go under the Disk Utility menu and select preferences
    3. Deselect the option to verify checksums
    4. Try mounting your DMG file

I would recommend turning this feature back on though after the installation is complete.  Also if you notice this happening on additional files it can indicate a problem with your Internet connection.

</quote>

Could you try these steps and let us know if you were able to proceed.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:52 PM   in reply to lars.skovgaard

I believe Vikrant Rai's answer would've work.  I had the same issue, but on the second attempt to install I just clicked skip while it was verifying.  Install successful. 

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 6:24 PM   in reply to lars.skovgaard

I ran into the same exact problem, error kept repeating and became very annoying, however, I got through the problem very simply!!! Even though I did not use the akami net session interface, just used the Download File Link File 1 of 1.

After clicking the .dmg file, simply click "SKIP" to avoid the problem "Invalid Checksum", by doing this, the installation window appeared just like Vikrant Rai's answer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points