Skip navigation
Mattnesss
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Infrastructure update problem. Attn:Todd

May 26, 2012 9:04 AM

Hey folks,

My Adobe Application manager is saying that I need to update several programs, Extension Manager, Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, Prelude, Premiere. The update required for all of these programs seems to be a common file called "Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6". When I try to install this, via the updater, the updater crashes my whole system. (Mac osX.6.8 CS5.5 still installed). I called adobe tech support and talked to them, and they recommended creating a new user account and trying the update. I did this and still got the crash. They then recommended that I try installing the file manually. I can't find a manual installer for this file anywhere on the Adobe website. The guy that I talked to was a premiere support guy, and insisted that there were no updates for Premiere CS6, and that there was no one to talk to about problems with files common to several programs, he suggested I try forums. I asked to speak with a manager, and he put me on hold for 10 minutes at which point I gave up. I thought I would post here to see if anyone else has a similar issue.

I was also hoping Todd would read this and refer me to someone who can help as normal Adobe support channels have been no help.

Addendum: After having to force reboot my machine several times trying to do this update, my machine started to hang in other ways.  I decided to restore by boot drive from a time machine back up from two weeks ago when my machine was rock solid stable.  My machine now seems to be acting fine, although the InfrastructureCS6 update still crashes.  It no longer takes down my system when crashing though.  I only tried it once since the restore.  I'm a little afraid to try it again.  I want to be able to keep my adobe software up to date though.

-Matt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to Mattnesss

I'm obviously not Todd, but I ran the updater without incident on my tower and laptop (both on 10.6.8).  I suspect your problem isn't Adobe-related, but rather Mac-related.

I suggest routine maintenance, then try again.  Repair Permissions.  Run Disk Warrior.  Zap the PRAM occasionally (hold p,r, option and command on boot, and wait for two or three chimes before letting go), and try booting in Safe Mode (hold shift on boot) before running the updater.  And/or, try creating a new user with Admin privileges, and try again.

You could also consider un- and re-installing CS6.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

I don't have any expertise or knowledge about the installer or the CSXS updater. The best that I can do is recommend this forum, which is where the people who know the installers and updaters are active:

http://bit.ly/s6BWKF

Also, Jim's advice about uninstalling and doing a clean re-installation is sound advice.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points