Skip navigation
vivo-erica
Currently Being Moderated

InCopy for Translation?

Jul 31, 2009 4:10 PM

Sorry if this is a repetitive thread - I couldn't seem to find anything posted on translations.

I am a one person marketing department, well versed in InDesign and translation the old fashioned cut n paste solution .. Being pressed for time - I'm looking to maximize on my time spent.

Can InCopy be used by my translators to remotly (from the other side of the world in most cases) translate my InDesign documents?  What do I need to set this up? Do I need to purchase InCopy for each of them?  Or is there some sort of online function I can use.  Do I need to have an InDesign Server?

Sorry if these sound like really basic questions - I've never used InCopy before and have no idea where to even look for the answers!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2009 4:14 PM   in reply to vivo-erica

The answer is yes, it can be used for that. Yes, they need to have InCopy. You do not need InCopy and you most certainly don't need InDesign Server.

For a less expensive option check out StoryTweaker from Rorohokio:

http://www.rorohiko.com/wordpress/2009/02/28/storytweaker-version-100- has-been-released/

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2009 6:37 AM   in reply to vivo-erica

I've another problem as a translator in that the files i receive for translation are badly segmented. Speaking to my client they do not seem to understand what could be changed on their side to help with the segmentation. As bad as it is to have poor segmentation, so that sentences are broken up over 3 or 4 different translation units, when the client changes the formatting on their side,  the previous translation units are lost as the application segments them in a different way.

Has anyone else come across this, and if so can they suggest something to resolve this?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hi Bob. I actually saw you at the CS6 announcemnt in NYC. Great stuff. Do you have any intel on other translation plug-ins or add-ons for DPS? Any counsel would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points